HBO Pulls 'Game of Thrones' Episode Featuring George W. Bush's Head on Spike
HBO is working fast to set things right after its show "Game of Thrones" drew a controversy for showing a fake severed head of George W. Bush. After apologizing for the "careless mistake," the premium cable channel has now yanked the tenth episode featuring the offending scene from digital platforms and halted shipments of the season 1 DVD set.
"We condemn it in the strongest possible terms and have halted all future shipments of the DVDs, removed it from our digital platforms and will edit the scene for all future airings on any distribution domestic or international," so the network says in a newly-released statement. The cable additionally says it will return the crucial episode to digital platforms after the scene is edited out.
HBO has previously expressed its regret after the show's creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss said in the DVD commentary for season 1 that George W. Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. "We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste," the network stated soon after the issue spread on internet.
Benioff and Weiss also released their own statement, saying, "We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise." The writer duo also pointed out in their commentary that they did not intend to make a political statement with the scene.
More Game of Thrones News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?