HBO Pulls 'Game of Thrones' Episode Featuring George W. Bush's Head on Spike
HBO is working fast to set things right after its show "Game of Thrones" drew a controversy for showing a fake severed head of George W. Bush. After apologizing for the "careless mistake," the premium cable channel has now yanked the tenth episode featuring the offending scene from digital platforms and halted shipments of the season 1 DVD set.
"We condemn it in the strongest possible terms and have halted all future shipments of the DVDs, removed it from our digital platforms and will edit the scene for all future airings on any distribution domestic or international," so the network says in a newly-released statement. The cable additionally says it will return the crucial episode to digital platforms after the scene is edited out.
HBO has previously expressed its regret after the show's creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss said in the DVD commentary for season 1 that George W. Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. "We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste," the network stated soon after the issue spread on internet.
Benioff and Weiss also released their own statement, saying, "We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise." The writer duo also pointed out in their commentary that they did not intend to make a political statement with the scene.
More Game of Thrones News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer