Kenneth Branagh and Kate Winslet to Get Royal Honors From Queen Elizabeth II
Kenneth Branagh and Kate Winslet are among the people on the list of Queen Elizabeth II's annual birthday honors. The "My Week with Marilyn" star is honored with a knighthood and will now be known as Sir Kenneth, while the "Titanic" leading lady is given the title of a CBE a.k.a Commander of the British Empire.
51-year-old Branagh gushes, "I feel very humble about it, I feel elated about it." The Belfast-born actor adds, "When I was a kid, I dreamed of pulling on a shirt for the Northern Ireland football team. I could only imagine how proud you might feel. Today it feels like they just gave me the shirt, and my heart's fit to burst."
36-year-old Winslet, who received a Golden Globe for her role in 2011's "Mildred Pierce", shares the same excitement. Saying that the honor made her "very proud to be a Brit," the English native exclaims, "I am both surprised and honored to stand alongside so many men and woman who have achieved great things for our country."
Another honoree is Take That's Gary Barlow. The judge of "The X Factor" is awarded OBE or Order of the British Empire. The boybander, who organized the Queen's Jubilee Concert outside the Buckingham Palace earlier this month, is recognized for making a significant charitable contribution; choirmaster and broadcaster.
Sarah Burton, an Alexander McQueen designer who created the dress worn by Prince William's wife Kate Middleton at their wedding in 2011, is also awarded an OBE. Other royal honor recipients include footballer Paul Elliott, golfer Luke Donald, rugby player Shane Williams and goalkeeper David James.
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'