Kenneth Branagh and Kate Winslet to Get Royal Honors From Queen Elizabeth II
Kenneth Branagh and Kate Winslet are among the people on the list of Queen Elizabeth II's annual birthday honors. The "My Week with Marilyn" star is honored with a knighthood and will now be known as Sir Kenneth, while the "Titanic" leading lady is given the title of a CBE a.k.a Commander of the British Empire.
51-year-old Branagh gushes, "I feel very humble about it, I feel elated about it." The Belfast-born actor adds, "When I was a kid, I dreamed of pulling on a shirt for the Northern Ireland football team. I could only imagine how proud you might feel. Today it feels like they just gave me the shirt, and my heart's fit to burst."
36-year-old Winslet, who received a Golden Globe for her role in 2011's "Mildred Pierce", shares the same excitement. Saying that the honor made her "very proud to be a Brit," the English native exclaims, "I am both surprised and honored to stand alongside so many men and woman who have achieved great things for our country."
Another honoree is Take That's Gary Barlow. The judge of "The X Factor" is awarded OBE or Order of the British Empire. The boybander, who organized the Queen's Jubilee Concert outside the Buckingham Palace earlier this month, is recognized for making a significant charitable contribution; choirmaster and broadcaster.
Sarah Burton, an Alexander McQueen designer who created the dress worn by Prince William's wife Kate Middleton at their wedding in 2011, is also awarded an OBE. Other royal honor recipients include footballer Paul Elliott, golfer Luke Donald, rugby player Shane Williams and goalkeeper David James.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture