CBS Picks Up Ryan Seacrest-Produced Pilot Based on 'Draw Something'
CBS is going to adapt Zynga game's "Draw Something" into a TV show. The network announced that it has acquired rights to produce a pilot based on the popular mobile game with Ryan Seacrest, Michael Davies and Adam Sher serving as the executive producers.
On the unscripted show, "teams of celebrities and everyday users will test their skills in front of a studio audience to earn money and big laughs." According to the network, "viewers can also play along at home for a chance to win prizes and compete with the celebrities."
There's still no word on who will host the pilot and when the show will air. The "American Idol" host, Seacrest, is not expected to make an on-air appearance.
The web-based game itself, which is available for mobile and tablet play, sees competing players drawing a picture to convey a word for a fellow player to guess. Some games with similar format have been adapted into TV series in the past, including "Pictionary" and "Win, Lose or Draw".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie