CBS Picks Up Ryan Seacrest-Produced Pilot Based on 'Draw Something'
CBS is going to adapt Zynga game's "Draw Something" into a TV show. The network announced that it has acquired rights to produce a pilot based on the popular mobile game with Ryan Seacrest, Michael Davies and Adam Sher serving as the executive producers.
On the unscripted show, "teams of celebrities and everyday users will test their skills in front of a studio audience to earn money and big laughs." According to the network, "viewers can also play along at home for a chance to win prizes and compete with the celebrities."
There's still no word on who will host the pilot and when the show will air. The "American Idol" host, Seacrest, is not expected to make an on-air appearance.
The web-based game itself, which is available for mobile and tablet play, sees competing players drawing a picture to convey a word for a fellow player to guess. Some games with similar format have been adapted into TV series in the past, including "Pictionary" and "Win, Lose or Draw".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'