CBS Picks Up Ryan Seacrest-Produced Pilot Based on 'Draw Something'
CBS is going to adapt Zynga game's "Draw Something" into a TV show. The network announced that it has acquired rights to produce a pilot based on the popular mobile game with Ryan Seacrest, Michael Davies and Adam Sher serving as the executive producers.
On the unscripted show, "teams of celebrities and everyday users will test their skills in front of a studio audience to earn money and big laughs." According to the network, "viewers can also play along at home for a chance to win prizes and compete with the celebrities."
There's still no word on who will host the pilot and when the show will air. The "American Idol" host, Seacrest, is not expected to make an on-air appearance.
The web-based game itself, which is available for mobile and tablet play, sees competing players drawing a picture to convey a word for a fellow player to guess. Some games with similar format have been adapted into TV series in the past, including "Pictionary" and "Win, Lose or Draw".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal