Drake Promises to Host 'Summer Jam 2012 Reloaded' Featuring Young Money Artists
Hot on heels of his headline-grabbing bar brawl with Chris Brown, Drake breaks some good news for Young Money fans. The Canadian rapper announces that he will host his own "Summer Jam 2012 Reloaded" at the Jones Beach Theater in New York on Sunday June 17 following Lil Wayne's decision to pull Team YMCMB out of the Hot 97's Summer Jam several weeks ago.
Drake promises to bring a number of guest stars to join his Young Money family in the upcoming gig. The show itself is planned as a response to Nicki Minaj's recent feud with DJ Peter Rosenberg who branded the raptress' song "Starships" a "wack a** " in front of the crowd at the concert where she was supposed to perform.
"They f***ed up Summer Jam, so I'm just gonna do Summer Jam how it's supposed to go," so Drake tells DJ Scoob Doo on a video post. He goes on dishing, "I've got everyone you would want to see, plus people that you wouldn't expect to see."
No official words have been made about who will be included in the performer lineup. However, according to MTV, fans could expect to see not only the Young Money artists but also the likes of Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, French Montana, T.I., Rick Ross and Future.
More Drake News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked