Drake Promises to Host 'Summer Jam 2012 Reloaded' Featuring Young Money Artists
Hot on heels of his headline-grabbing bar brawl with Chris Brown, Drake breaks some good news for Young Money fans. The Canadian rapper announces that he will host his own "Summer Jam 2012 Reloaded" at the Jones Beach Theater in New York on Sunday June 17 following Lil Wayne's decision to pull Team YMCMB out of the Hot 97's Summer Jam several weeks ago.
Drake promises to bring a number of guest stars to join his Young Money family in the upcoming gig. The show itself is planned as a response to Nicki Minaj's recent feud with DJ Peter Rosenberg who branded the raptress' song "Starships" a "wack a** " in front of the crowd at the concert where she was supposed to perform.
"They f***ed up Summer Jam, so I'm just gonna do Summer Jam how it's supposed to go," so Drake tells DJ Scoob Doo on a video post. He goes on dishing, "I've got everyone you would want to see, plus people that you wouldn't expect to see."
No official words have been made about who will be included in the performer lineup. However, according to MTV, fans could expect to see not only the Young Money artists but also the likes of Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, French Montana, T.I., Rick Ross and Future.
More Drake News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth