Nicole Scherzinger Officially Joins 'X Factor UK' as Full-Time Judge
Nicole Scherzinger has landed another job as talent competition judge across the pond. The 33-year-old singer was let go from her position as one of the "The X Factor (US)" judges earlier this year but she now officially joins the UK version, replacing Kelly Rowland.
"I'm so excited to join the UK X Factor family. It's where I got my start, so it feels great to come full circle. I can't wait to see what talent the UK has to offer and to help inspire and bring out the best in these artists," Scherzinger said in a statement.
Scherzinger has actually appeared on the ITV series a number of times as stand-in judge at the London auditions and a guest judge. As a full-time judge, she will begin her duty in Newcastle audition on Monday, July 18. The show will return in August with live shows in October.
Joining Scherzinger in the judging panel are Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos. Dannii Minogue rejected the 1 million BPS deal to return to the show after Rowland made her exit.
"Nicole will bring her wealth of experience, both as a solo artist, and as a member of a group, to this year's Judging panel," Peter Fincham, Director of Television for ITV said. "We're delighted that she'll be joining us for the forthcoming series."
More The X Factor News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal