Nicole Scherzinger Officially Joins 'X Factor UK' as Full-Time Judge
Nicole Scherzinger has landed another job as talent competition judge across the pond. The 33-year-old singer was let go from her position as one of the "The X Factor (US)" judges earlier this year but she now officially joins the UK version, replacing Kelly Rowland.
"I'm so excited to join the UK X Factor family. It's where I got my start, so it feels great to come full circle. I can't wait to see what talent the UK has to offer and to help inspire and bring out the best in these artists," Scherzinger said in a statement.
Scherzinger has actually appeared on the ITV series a number of times as stand-in judge at the London auditions and a guest judge. As a full-time judge, she will begin her duty in Newcastle audition on Monday, July 18. The show will return in August with live shows in October.
Joining Scherzinger in the judging panel are Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos. Dannii Minogue rejected the 1 million BPS deal to return to the show after Rowland made her exit.
"Nicole will bring her wealth of experience, both as a solo artist, and as a member of a group, to this year's Judging panel," Peter Fincham, Director of Television for ITV said. "We're delighted that she'll be joining us for the forthcoming series."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off