Nicole Scherzinger Officially Joins 'X Factor UK' as Full-Time Judge
Nicole Scherzinger has landed another job as talent competition judge across the pond. The 33-year-old singer was let go from her position as one of the "The X Factor (US)" judges earlier this year but she now officially joins the UK version, replacing Kelly Rowland.
"I'm so excited to join the UK X Factor family. It's where I got my start, so it feels great to come full circle. I can't wait to see what talent the UK has to offer and to help inspire and bring out the best in these artists," Scherzinger said in a statement.
Scherzinger has actually appeared on the ITV series a number of times as stand-in judge at the London auditions and a guest judge. As a full-time judge, she will begin her duty in Newcastle audition on Monday, July 18. The show will return in August with live shows in October.
Joining Scherzinger in the judging panel are Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos. Dannii Minogue rejected the 1 million BPS deal to return to the show after Rowland made her exit.
"Nicole will bring her wealth of experience, both as a solo artist, and as a member of a group, to this year's Judging panel," Peter Fincham, Director of Television for ITV said. "We're delighted that she'll be joining us for the forthcoming series."
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?