Nicole Scherzinger Officially Joins 'X Factor UK' as Full-Time Judge
Nicole Scherzinger has landed another job as talent competition judge across the pond. The 33-year-old singer was let go from her position as one of the "The X Factor (US)" judges earlier this year but she now officially joins the UK version, replacing Kelly Rowland.
"I'm so excited to join the UK X Factor family. It's where I got my start, so it feels great to come full circle. I can't wait to see what talent the UK has to offer and to help inspire and bring out the best in these artists," Scherzinger said in a statement.
Scherzinger has actually appeared on the ITV series a number of times as stand-in judge at the London auditions and a guest judge. As a full-time judge, she will begin her duty in Newcastle audition on Monday, July 18. The show will return in August with live shows in October.
Joining Scherzinger in the judging panel are Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos. Dannii Minogue rejected the 1 million BPS deal to return to the show after Rowland made her exit.
"Nicole will bring her wealth of experience, both as a solo artist, and as a member of a group, to this year's Judging panel," Peter Fincham, Director of Television for ITV said. "We're delighted that she'll be joining us for the forthcoming series."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'