Jamie Lynn Spears Debuts Song About Britney in Nashville
Jamie Lynn Spears performed for the first time a song dedicated to her older sister Britney Spears. During an intimate showcase at the 3rd and Lindsley Bar & Grill in Nashville, Tennessee, the 21-year-old debuted "I Look Up to You" which she wrote herself.
"The next song is called, 'I Look Up to You', " Jamie Lynn told the audience. "You can imagine who I wrote it about. I hope y'all like it a lot." The song says, "Saying scared little girl living in a big old world/ You've outgrown your room / It all happened way too soon/ They took away your innocence/ We forgot our strong defense."
Jamie Lynn has always wanted to follow on her sister's footsteps of becoming a singer. She took a detour by starring in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" first before having a kid at the age of 17. She then moved to Nashville in 2010 to pursue a career in music and plans to release the album sometime this year.
Jamie Lynn tweeted after the showcase, "Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! Sooo very appreciated!!"
More Jamie Lynn Spears News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'