Jamie Lynn Spears Debuts Song About Britney in Nashville
Jamie Lynn Spears performed for the first time a song dedicated to her older sister Britney Spears. During an intimate showcase at the 3rd and Lindsley Bar & Grill in Nashville, Tennessee, the 21-year-old debuted "I Look Up to You" which she wrote herself.
"The next song is called, 'I Look Up to You', " Jamie Lynn told the audience. "You can imagine who I wrote it about. I hope y'all like it a lot." The song says, "Saying scared little girl living in a big old world/ You've outgrown your room / It all happened way too soon/ They took away your innocence/ We forgot our strong defense."
Jamie Lynn has always wanted to follow on her sister's footsteps of becoming a singer. She took a detour by starring in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" first before having a kid at the age of 17. She then moved to Nashville in 2010 to pursue a career in music and plans to release the album sometime this year.
Jamie Lynn tweeted after the showcase, "Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! Sooo very appreciated!!"
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart