Jamie Lynn Spears Debuts Song About Britney in Nashville
Jamie Lynn Spears performed for the first time a song dedicated to her older sister Britney Spears. During an intimate showcase at the 3rd and Lindsley Bar & Grill in Nashville, Tennessee, the 21-year-old debuted "I Look Up to You" which she wrote herself.
"The next song is called, 'I Look Up to You', " Jamie Lynn told the audience. "You can imagine who I wrote it about. I hope y'all like it a lot." The song says, "Saying scared little girl living in a big old world/ You've outgrown your room / It all happened way too soon/ They took away your innocence/ We forgot our strong defense."
Jamie Lynn has always wanted to follow on her sister's footsteps of becoming a singer. She took a detour by starring in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" first before having a kid at the age of 17. She then moved to Nashville in 2010 to pursue a career in music and plans to release the album sometime this year.
Jamie Lynn tweeted after the showcase, "Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! Sooo very appreciated!!"
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!