Jamie Lynn Spears Debuts Song About Britney in Nashville
Jamie Lynn Spears performed for the first time a song dedicated to her older sister Britney Spears. During an intimate showcase at the 3rd and Lindsley Bar & Grill in Nashville, Tennessee, the 21-year-old debuted "I Look Up to You" which she wrote herself.
"The next song is called, 'I Look Up to You', " Jamie Lynn told the audience. "You can imagine who I wrote it about. I hope y'all like it a lot." The song says, "Saying scared little girl living in a big old world/ You've outgrown your room / It all happened way too soon/ They took away your innocence/ We forgot our strong defense."
Jamie Lynn has always wanted to follow on her sister's footsteps of becoming a singer. She took a detour by starring in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" first before having a kid at the age of 17. She then moved to Nashville in 2010 to pursue a career in music and plans to release the album sometime this year.
Jamie Lynn tweeted after the showcase, "Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! Sooo very appreciated!!"
More Jamie Lynn Spears News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake