Jamie Lynn Spears Debuts Song About Britney in Nashville
Jamie Lynn Spears performed for the first time a song dedicated to her older sister Britney Spears. During an intimate showcase at the 3rd and Lindsley Bar & Grill in Nashville, Tennessee, the 21-year-old debuted "I Look Up to You" which she wrote herself.
"The next song is called, 'I Look Up to You', " Jamie Lynn told the audience. "You can imagine who I wrote it about. I hope y'all like it a lot." The song says, "Saying scared little girl living in a big old world/ You've outgrown your room / It all happened way too soon/ They took away your innocence/ We forgot our strong defense."
Jamie Lynn has always wanted to follow on her sister's footsteps of becoming a singer. She took a detour by starring in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" first before having a kid at the age of 17. She then moved to Nashville in 2010 to pursue a career in music and plans to release the album sometime this year.
Jamie Lynn tweeted after the showcase, "Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! Sooo very appreciated!!"
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story