Adam Levine Lands a Boyfriend Role in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Adam Levine is set to spread his career into the Hollywood big screen. Deadline has learned that the Maroon 5 frontman has just secured a role in a musical film called "Can a Song Save Your Life?", which will be directed by John Carney.
The musician, who also serves as one of the judges on "The Voice", is set to join the likes of Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightley and young actress Hailee Steinfeld. The singer will play the boyfriend of Knightley's character.
In "Can a Song Save Your Life?", Knightley will play a woman who moves with her boyfriend to New York City in order to pursue career in music. After the boyfriend dumps her for a solo contract, the woman is found singing at a local bar by a record producer, who will be portrayed by Ruffalo.
In addition to landing the big screen role, Levine has been added to the cast ensemble of "American Horror Story" season 2. On the FX series, he will star as one-half of a couple known as "the Lovers."
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'