Adam Levine Lands a Boyfriend Role in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Adam Levine is set to spread his career into the Hollywood big screen. Deadline has learned that the Maroon 5 frontman has just secured a role in a musical film called "Can a Song Save Your Life?", which will be directed by John Carney.
The musician, who also serves as one of the judges on "The Voice", is set to join the likes of Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightley and young actress Hailee Steinfeld. The singer will play the boyfriend of Knightley's character.
In "Can a Song Save Your Life?", Knightley will play a woman who moves with her boyfriend to New York City in order to pursue career in music. After the boyfriend dumps her for a solo contract, the woman is found singing at a local bar by a record producer, who will be portrayed by Ruffalo.
In addition to landing the big screen role, Levine has been added to the cast ensemble of "American Horror Story" season 2. On the FX series, he will star as one-half of a couple known as "the Lovers."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'