Adam Levine Lands a Boyfriend Role in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Adam Levine is set to spread his career into the Hollywood big screen. Deadline has learned that the Maroon 5 frontman has just secured a role in a musical film called "Can a Song Save Your Life?", which will be directed by John Carney.
The musician, who also serves as one of the judges on "The Voice", is set to join the likes of Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightley and young actress Hailee Steinfeld. The singer will play the boyfriend of Knightley's character.
In "Can a Song Save Your Life?", Knightley will play a woman who moves with her boyfriend to New York City in order to pursue career in music. After the boyfriend dumps her for a solo contract, the woman is found singing at a local bar by a record producer, who will be portrayed by Ruffalo.
In addition to landing the big screen role, Levine has been added to the cast ensemble of "American Horror Story" season 2. On the FX series, he will star as one-half of a couple known as "the Lovers."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says