Adam Levine Lands a Boyfriend Role in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Adam Levine is set to spread his career into the Hollywood big screen. Deadline has learned that the Maroon 5 frontman has just secured a role in a musical film called "Can a Song Save Your Life?", which will be directed by John Carney.
The musician, who also serves as one of the judges on "The Voice", is set to join the likes of Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightley and young actress Hailee Steinfeld. The singer will play the boyfriend of Knightley's character.
In "Can a Song Save Your Life?", Knightley will play a woman who moves with her boyfriend to New York City in order to pursue career in music. After the boyfriend dumps her for a solo contract, the woman is found singing at a local bar by a record producer, who will be portrayed by Ruffalo.
In addition to landing the big screen role, Levine has been added to the cast ensemble of "American Horror Story" season 2. On the FX series, he will star as one-half of a couple known as "the Lovers."
More Begin Again News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash