'Dallas' Posts Highest Premiere for Cable Channel This Year
"Dallas" debuted high on Wednesday, June 13, drawing 6.9 million viewers during the airing of its two-hour premiere. The number marks the No. 1 scripted series premiere on all cable channel for the year-to-date.
With such feat, TNT has scored a chart-topping series launch for three consecutive years. The network did so in 2010 with "Rizzoli & Isles" (7.6 million) and in 2011 with "Falling Skies" (5.9 million). The title of the most-watched series debut on TNT still belongs to "Raising the Bar" which lured in 7.7 million viewers in 2008.
The drama series, which is a continuation of the original series of the same name that aired on CBS from 1978 to 1991, drew 1.9 million viewers in the coveted 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, 2.5 million viewers were adults aged 25-54.
For comparison, "Rizzoli & Isles" appealed to 2.1 million adults aged 18-49 during its premiere, while "Falling Skies" attracted 2.6 million viewers in the demo when it debuted last summer.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young