'Dallas' Posts Highest Premiere for Cable Channel This Year
"Dallas" debuted high on Wednesday, June 13, drawing 6.9 million viewers during the airing of its two-hour premiere. The number marks the No. 1 scripted series premiere on all cable channel for the year-to-date.
With such feat, TNT has scored a chart-topping series launch for three consecutive years. The network did so in 2010 with "Rizzoli & Isles" (7.6 million) and in 2011 with "Falling Skies" (5.9 million). The title of the most-watched series debut on TNT still belongs to "Raising the Bar" which lured in 7.7 million viewers in 2008.
The drama series, which is a continuation of the original series of the same name that aired on CBS from 1978 to 1991, drew 1.9 million viewers in the coveted 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, 2.5 million viewers were adults aged 25-54.
For comparison, "Rizzoli & Isles" appealed to 2.1 million adults aged 18-49 during its premiere, while "Falling Skies" attracted 2.6 million viewers in the demo when it debuted last summer.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance