'Dallas' Posts Highest Premiere for Cable Channel This Year
"Dallas" debuted high on Wednesday, June 13, drawing 6.9 million viewers during the airing of its two-hour premiere. The number marks the No. 1 scripted series premiere on all cable channel for the year-to-date.
With such feat, TNT has scored a chart-topping series launch for three consecutive years. The network did so in 2010 with "Rizzoli & Isles" (7.6 million) and in 2011 with "Falling Skies" (5.9 million). The title of the most-watched series debut on TNT still belongs to "Raising the Bar" which lured in 7.7 million viewers in 2008.
The drama series, which is a continuation of the original series of the same name that aired on CBS from 1978 to 1991, drew 1.9 million viewers in the coveted 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, 2.5 million viewers were adults aged 25-54.
For comparison, "Rizzoli & Isles" appealed to 2.1 million adults aged 18-49 during its premiere, while "Falling Skies" attracted 2.6 million viewers in the demo when it debuted last summer.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl