'Dallas' Posts Highest Premiere for Cable Channel This Year
"Dallas" debuted high on Wednesday, June 13, drawing 6.9 million viewers during the airing of its two-hour premiere. The number marks the No. 1 scripted series premiere on all cable channel for the year-to-date.
With such feat, TNT has scored a chart-topping series launch for three consecutive years. The network did so in 2010 with "Rizzoli & Isles" (7.6 million) and in 2011 with "Falling Skies" (5.9 million). The title of the most-watched series debut on TNT still belongs to "Raising the Bar" which lured in 7.7 million viewers in 2008.
The drama series, which is a continuation of the original series of the same name that aired on CBS from 1978 to 1991, drew 1.9 million viewers in the coveted 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, 2.5 million viewers were adults aged 25-54.
For comparison, "Rizzoli & Isles" appealed to 2.1 million adults aged 18-49 during its premiere, while "Falling Skies" attracted 2.6 million viewers in the demo when it debuted last summer.
More Dallas News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'