Jenna Dewan 'So Proud' of Channing Tatum's Stripping Scenes in 'Magic Mike'
Channing Tatum has sealed approval from his beloved wife Jenna Dewan for stripping off in front of the camera in "Magic Mike". Instead of being embarrassed by her husband's racy performance in the film, Dewan admitted that she's "proud" of him.
Asked by E! News if she felt uncomfortable watching her husband baring it all in "Magic Mike", Dewan responded, "Not really." The 31-year-old dancer opened up, "I was prepared. I knew what was coming, but I think the movie is amazing. I'm happy for people to see it. He's good in it. I'm just so proud."
The co-founder of "33andOut Productions" and "Iron Horse Entertainment" went on admitting that she was wowed by her husband's dance moves in the dramedy. She said, "I'm a dancer, I grew up as a dancer and he's an amazing dancer. But there were moments in that movie where I was like, 'I gotta give it to you - I could not have done that. That was amazing."
As previewed in the previously released red band trailer, Tatum would go naked in "Magic Mike". Though Tatum himself was a stripper when he was younger, the actor admitted that he never enjoyed getting nude in front of people.
"I never enjoyed the taking-the-clothes-off part," the 32-year-old thesp once told Entertaiment Weekly. "You are on a stage with people yelling at you, and you feel you're a rock star, but you're nothing - you're just a guy taking off his clothes, looking like a fool in a stupid outfit."
Speaking about his hunky co-stars, Tatum said that Joe Manganiello is the real magnet in the upcoming male stripper movie. "With Joe Manganiello in a movie, I think even straight guys are going to be, 'S**t, I need to see that'," he joked before adding, "That man is a specimen."
"Magic Mike" follows Tatum's Mike Matingano, who takes a young dancer named the Kid as his protege. Mike teaches the newbie some fine arts of partying, picking up ladies and making easy money. Serving as the director is Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh.
In addition to Tatum and Manganiello, the adult movie is supported by Alex Pettyfer, Cody Horn, Olivia Munn, Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Bomer and Riley Keough. Warner Bros. Pictures will release the pic on June 29 in cinemas across the United States.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'