'Smash' Adds Tony Nominee Jeremy Jordan as Series Regular
"Smash" has tapped Broadway star Jeremy Jordan as a new series regular in the second season. The 27-year-old, who received a nomination at 2012 Tony Awards for his role as Jack Kelly in Disney's musical "Newsies", will play a very sexy Brooklyn-born singer with a self-destructive streak.
Jordan is one of the actors cast to fill the voids after the show cut three regular actors, Raza Jaffrey, Brian d'Arcy James and Jaime Cepero. Recurring guest star Will Chase is not going to return either.
The NBC musical series is reportedly also looking for an actress to play Courtney, an African-American chorus member with a powerhouse voice, who is "incredibly attractive and confident, but also open-minded and non-judgmental." Another new face to appear on the show is Joe, a cute Brooklyn-born guy who is "incredibly open and optimistic."
"Smash" season 2 is slated to premiere in midseason with Josh Safran ("Gossip Girl") serving as the showrunner, replacing Theresa Rebeck. The story will follow the musical within the show which moves beyond preview performances.
Before landing the "Smash" role, Jordan guest starred in a 2008 episode of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". Also known for his role as Clyde Barrow in the 2011 play "Bonnie & Clyde", the rising Broadway actor recently appeared in Queen Latifah-starring film "Joyful Noise".
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones