Lucy Lawless Pleads Guilty to Trespassing, Has No Regret
Lucy Lawless pleads guilty to trespassing charges that stem from her Green Peace Protest in February. The former "Xena: Warrior Princess" lead star, however, has no regret about climbing a 174-foot drilling tower on Shell oil exploration ship.
"For the first time in my life, I put my body and reputation on the line to stand up for my beliefs and do the right thing," the actress tells The Associated Press after appearing in court. "I hope I've encouraged other people to do the same."
Lucy faces a maximum sentence of three years, but she's not worried about receiving a jail sentence because she is a first-time offender and the protest was peaceful. Still, she is nervous that a conviction could prevent her from traveling to other countries for work if she's denied entry.
"If I couldn't travel, obviously that would be a tremendous pain in the neck," she said. Despite the risk, she intends to continue her involvement with the Greenpeace. "But I've got no plans to jump on an oil rig again any time soon," she added.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!