Lucy Lawless Pleads Guilty to Trespassing, Has No Regret
Lucy Lawless pleads guilty to trespassing charges that stem from her Green Peace Protest in February. The former "Xena: Warrior Princess" lead star, however, has no regret about climbing a 174-foot drilling tower on Shell oil exploration ship.
"For the first time in my life, I put my body and reputation on the line to stand up for my beliefs and do the right thing," the actress tells The Associated Press after appearing in court. "I hope I've encouraged other people to do the same."
Lucy faces a maximum sentence of three years, but she's not worried about receiving a jail sentence because she is a first-time offender and the protest was peaceful. Still, she is nervous that a conviction could prevent her from traveling to other countries for work if she's denied entry.
"If I couldn't travel, obviously that would be a tremendous pain in the neck," she said. Despite the risk, she intends to continue her involvement with the Greenpeace. "But I've got no plans to jump on an oil rig again any time soon," she added.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?