Lucy Lawless Pleads Guilty to Trespassing, Has No Regret
Lucy Lawless pleads guilty to trespassing charges that stem from her Green Peace Protest in February. The former "Xena: Warrior Princess" lead star, however, has no regret about climbing a 174-foot drilling tower on Shell oil exploration ship.
"For the first time in my life, I put my body and reputation on the line to stand up for my beliefs and do the right thing," the actress tells The Associated Press after appearing in court. "I hope I've encouraged other people to do the same."
Lucy faces a maximum sentence of three years, but she's not worried about receiving a jail sentence because she is a first-time offender and the protest was peaceful. Still, she is nervous that a conviction could prevent her from traveling to other countries for work if she's denied entry.
"If I couldn't travel, obviously that would be a tremendous pain in the neck," she said. Despite the risk, she intends to continue her involvement with the Greenpeace. "But I've got no plans to jump on an oil rig again any time soon," she added.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri