Lucy Lawless Pleads Guilty to Trespassing, Has No Regret
Lucy Lawless pleads guilty to trespassing charges that stem from her Green Peace Protest in February. The former "Xena: Warrior Princess" lead star, however, has no regret about climbing a 174-foot drilling tower on Shell oil exploration ship.
"For the first time in my life, I put my body and reputation on the line to stand up for my beliefs and do the right thing," the actress tells The Associated Press after appearing in court. "I hope I've encouraged other people to do the same."
Lucy faces a maximum sentence of three years, but she's not worried about receiving a jail sentence because she is a first-time offender and the protest was peaceful. Still, she is nervous that a conviction could prevent her from traveling to other countries for work if she's denied entry.
"If I couldn't travel, obviously that would be a tremendous pain in the neck," she said. Despite the risk, she intends to continue her involvement with the Greenpeace. "But I've got no plans to jump on an oil rig again any time soon," she added.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift