Lucy Lawless Pleads Guilty to Trespassing, Has No Regret
Lucy Lawless pleads guilty to trespassing charges that stem from her Green Peace Protest in February. The former "Xena: Warrior Princess" lead star, however, has no regret about climbing a 174-foot drilling tower on Shell oil exploration ship.
"For the first time in my life, I put my body and reputation on the line to stand up for my beliefs and do the right thing," the actress tells The Associated Press after appearing in court. "I hope I've encouraged other people to do the same."
Lucy faces a maximum sentence of three years, but she's not worried about receiving a jail sentence because she is a first-time offender and the protest was peaceful. Still, she is nervous that a conviction could prevent her from traveling to other countries for work if she's denied entry.
"If I couldn't travel, obviously that would be a tremendous pain in the neck," she said. Despite the risk, she intends to continue her involvement with the Greenpeace. "But I've got no plans to jump on an oil rig again any time soon," she added.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris