Chris Brown Claims He's a Victim, Drake Denies Involvement in Bar Fight
Chris Brown and Drake finally issued a statement each through their representatives about the bar fight which was believed to involve the two artists. While Breezy's camp claimed they were victims in the brawl, Drizzy's publicist denied the rapper participated in the scuffle.
"Chris, Karrueche (Chris' girlfriend) and his friends were victims of a brutal attack last night at WIP. They sustained several injuries," said Breezy's spokesman Jeff Raymond. "Chris and his party are cooperating with NY authorities who are pursuing this incident further."
Drizzy's spokeswoman Allison Elbl Striegel, meanwhile, insisted the MC "did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind last night at W.i.P. He was on his way out of the club when the altercation began. He did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property."
Investigation into the bar brawl is underway. According to New York City police, eight men and women, some of whom were innocent clubgoers, had cuts, bruises and other injuries. They were treated at a hospital and released. An NYPD spokeswoman would not confirm if Breezy or Drizzy was involved.
The incident reportedly happened between the entourages of Breezy and Drizzy at W.i.P. (Work in Progress) in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood on early Thursday, June 14 morning. They allegedly fought over Rihanna who once dated Breezy and then was romantically linked to Drizzy after they broke up.
The two groups of people reportedly were involved in a heated war of words before the dispute turned physical. It was claimed that Drake threw the first bottle which later hit Chris' chin. Breezy tweeted a photo of a gash on his chin and removed it later. He wrote, "How u party wit rich n**** that hate? Lol... Throwing bottles like girls? #shameonya!"
"Once the bottle was thrown, all hell broke loose and there were more bottles thrown," a source said. Pictures taken from inside of the nightclub after the fight have hit the web, showing shattered glass and furniture strewn around a cavernous room. Meek Mill was also at the club when the incident happened. "Me and @MeekMill ain't on that bulls**t. Real respect Real...," Chris tweeted.
More Chris Brown News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet