R. Kelly Owes IRS Six Years of Back Taxes
R. Kelly is strapped in a tax debt amounting around $4.8 million. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has filed documents to make the singer pay the federal government the money he owes between 2005 and 2010.
Broken down, Kelly owes $1,472,366.77 from 2005, $710,520.51 from 2006, $376,180.11 from 2007, $1,122,694.90 from 2008, $173,815.18 from 2009 and $992,495.24 from 2010. The grand total is $4,848,072.71.
Despite the huge amount, the 45-year-old singer is confident that he will resolve the matter. His representative told TMZ, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."
Kelly could cross his fingers that his new album "Write Me Back" will sell well on the market. Due June 26 via RCA Records, the album has spawned the single "Share My Love" which landed at No. 1 on urban adult radio.
More R. Kelly News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked