R. Kelly Owes IRS Six Years of Back Taxes
R. Kelly is strapped in a tax debt amounting around $4.8 million. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has filed documents to make the singer pay the federal government the money he owes between 2005 and 2010.
Broken down, Kelly owes $1,472,366.77 from 2005, $710,520.51 from 2006, $376,180.11 from 2007, $1,122,694.90 from 2008, $173,815.18 from 2009 and $992,495.24 from 2010. The grand total is $4,848,072.71.
Despite the huge amount, the 45-year-old singer is confident that he will resolve the matter. His representative told TMZ, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."
Kelly could cross his fingers that his new album "Write Me Back" will sell well on the market. Due June 26 via RCA Records, the album has spawned the single "Share My Love" which landed at No. 1 on urban adult radio.
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album