R. Kelly Owes IRS Six Years of Back Taxes
R. Kelly is strapped in a tax debt amounting around $4.8 million. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has filed documents to make the singer pay the federal government the money he owes between 2005 and 2010.
Broken down, Kelly owes $1,472,366.77 from 2005, $710,520.51 from 2006, $376,180.11 from 2007, $1,122,694.90 from 2008, $173,815.18 from 2009 and $992,495.24 from 2010. The grand total is $4,848,072.71.
Despite the huge amount, the 45-year-old singer is confident that he will resolve the matter. His representative told TMZ, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."
Kelly could cross his fingers that his new album "Write Me Back" will sell well on the market. Due June 26 via RCA Records, the album has spawned the single "Share My Love" which landed at No. 1 on urban adult radio.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle