R. Kelly Owes IRS Six Years of Back Taxes
R. Kelly is strapped in a tax debt amounting around $4.8 million. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has filed documents to make the singer pay the federal government the money he owes between 2005 and 2010.
Broken down, Kelly owes $1,472,366.77 from 2005, $710,520.51 from 2006, $376,180.11 from 2007, $1,122,694.90 from 2008, $173,815.18 from 2009 and $992,495.24 from 2010. The grand total is $4,848,072.71.
Despite the huge amount, the 45-year-old singer is confident that he will resolve the matter. His representative told TMZ, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."
Kelly could cross his fingers that his new album "Write Me Back" will sell well on the market. Due June 26 via RCA Records, the album has spawned the single "Share My Love" which landed at No. 1 on urban adult radio.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons