R. Kelly Owes IRS Six Years of Back Taxes
R. Kelly is strapped in a tax debt amounting around $4.8 million. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has filed documents to make the singer pay the federal government the money he owes between 2005 and 2010.
Broken down, Kelly owes $1,472,366.77 from 2005, $710,520.51 from 2006, $376,180.11 from 2007, $1,122,694.90 from 2008, $173,815.18 from 2009 and $992,495.24 from 2010. The grand total is $4,848,072.71.
Despite the huge amount, the 45-year-old singer is confident that he will resolve the matter. His representative told TMZ, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."
Kelly could cross his fingers that his new album "Write Me Back" will sell well on the market. Due June 26 via RCA Records, the album has spawned the single "Share My Love" which landed at No. 1 on urban adult radio.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie