First 'Life of Pi' Footage Teases Tiger Vs. Human Fight
A very first glimpse at Ang Lee's anticipated fantasy movie "Life of Pi" has been made available for viewing pleasure. The 11-second snippet teases the adventure in the film. It shows a gigantic Bengal tiger roaring and attacking the titular character, who is played by Indian student Suraj Sharma.
"Life of Pi" centers on Pi Patel, the precocious son of a zookeeper. Dwellers in Pondicherry, India, the family decides to move to Canada, hitching a ride on a huge freighter. After a shipwreck, Pi is found adrift in the Pacific Ocean on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, all fighting for survival.
The movie will mark Lee's first 3D creation. The "Brokeback Mountain" helmer once admitted that he had an "intimidating" experience when shooting in the hi-def format. "I was very intimidated," so he confessed. "We're still novices at this. It's hard to shoot in 3D, but it makes it more interesting. The experience is more intense."
An adaptation of Yann Martel's bestselling novel, "Life of Pi" will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on December 21. The movie is also supported by Tobey Maguire, Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Adil Hussain.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding