First 'Life of Pi' Footage Teases Tiger Vs. Human Fight
A very first glimpse at Ang Lee's anticipated fantasy movie "Life of Pi" has been made available for viewing pleasure. The 11-second snippet teases the adventure in the film. It shows a gigantic Bengal tiger roaring and attacking the titular character, who is played by Indian student Suraj Sharma.
"Life of Pi" centers on Pi Patel, the precocious son of a zookeeper. Dwellers in Pondicherry, India, the family decides to move to Canada, hitching a ride on a huge freighter. After a shipwreck, Pi is found adrift in the Pacific Ocean on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, all fighting for survival.
The movie will mark Lee's first 3D creation. The "Brokeback Mountain" helmer once admitted that he had an "intimidating" experience when shooting in the hi-def format. "I was very intimidated," so he confessed. "We're still novices at this. It's hard to shoot in 3D, but it makes it more interesting. The experience is more intense."
An adaptation of Yann Martel's bestselling novel, "Life of Pi" will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on December 21. The movie is also supported by Tobey Maguire, Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Adil Hussain.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off