First 'Life of Pi' Footage Teases Tiger Vs. Human Fight
A very first glimpse at Ang Lee's anticipated fantasy movie "Life of Pi" has been made available for viewing pleasure. The 11-second snippet teases the adventure in the film. It shows a gigantic Bengal tiger roaring and attacking the titular character, who is played by Indian student Suraj Sharma.
"Life of Pi" centers on Pi Patel, the precocious son of a zookeeper. Dwellers in Pondicherry, India, the family decides to move to Canada, hitching a ride on a huge freighter. After a shipwreck, Pi is found adrift in the Pacific Ocean on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, all fighting for survival.
The movie will mark Lee's first 3D creation. The "Brokeback Mountain" helmer once admitted that he had an "intimidating" experience when shooting in the hi-def format. "I was very intimidated," so he confessed. "We're still novices at this. It's hard to shoot in 3D, but it makes it more interesting. The experience is more intense."
An adaptation of Yann Martel's bestselling novel, "Life of Pi" will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on December 21. The movie is also supported by Tobey Maguire, Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Adil Hussain.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'