Jennifer Love Hewitt Mourns the Loss of Her Mother Patricia
Jennifer Love Hewitt is grieving the loss of her mother and best friend, Patricia. The 67-year-old speech-language pathologist lost her battle against cancer on Tuesday, June 12, the actress' representative confirms to the press.
"Her family mourns her loss," the publicist says in a statement. "She was an angel to all who knew her and they are grateful she is now in a better place. They ask for privacy at this difficult time. No further details are being provided."
33-year-old Jennifer flew to Monte Carlo on Monday for an appearance in a TV and film festival to promote her new TV series "The Client List". The ex-girlfriend of Alex Beh reportedly headed back home on Tuesday before her mother passed away.
Jennifer and her mother were very close. They moved from Texas to L.A. in 1989 for her to pursue a career in show business. She starred in TV show "Kids Incorporated" in the next year, and continued to score roles in small- and big-screen projects in the following years.
Patricia was very supportive of Jennifer's career, and found her daughter's role as a prostitute in the "Client List" hilarious. "[She said] 'For 15 years people have been talking about your boobs. Earlier this year, you wrote about your hoo haw in a book. Now you're playing a crack ho on TV.' She was like, 'Do you think maybe you could do an animated movie next?'," the actress opened up.
Jennifer herself explained her decision to reprise the role she played in the 2010 TV movie of the same name because she "needed a little bit of a re-creation." She told The Times, "I looked at my career and thought, 'Let's shake it up a little bit. Let's have butterflies in our stomach'."
Patricia is survived by Jennifer and a son, Dr. Todd Hewitt.
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?