Courteney Cox Requests to Drop David Arquette's Last Name
Courteney Cox has responded to David Arquette's divorce papers. The "Cougar Town" star filed her own petition to officially end their marriage, one day after her estranged husband submitted his. In her filing, she asks to drop "Arquette" from her last name.
Both parties keep the divorce civil. They are self-represented, cite "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of their split, and mention December 31, 2011 as the separation date. They are also seeking legal and physical custody of their only daughter, Coco Riley Arquette.
David Arquette and Courteney Cox met on the set of "Scream" in 1996, and got married in 1999. When announcing their split two years ago, the couple said in a joint statement, "The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage."
He later confessed to Howard Stern about his affair with Jasmine Waltz and revealed that he and Courteney hadn't had sex for quite some time. His estranged wife "got really pissed" at him for "sharing too much," and he apologetically said, "She had a right to get upset about some of the personal details."
More Courteney Cox News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!