Courteney Cox Requests to Drop David Arquette's Last Name
Courteney Cox has responded to David Arquette's divorce papers. The "Cougar Town" star filed her own petition to officially end their marriage, one day after her estranged husband submitted his. In her filing, she asks to drop "Arquette" from her last name.
Both parties keep the divorce civil. They are self-represented, cite "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of their split, and mention December 31, 2011 as the separation date. They are also seeking legal and physical custody of their only daughter, Coco Riley Arquette.
David Arquette and Courteney Cox met on the set of "Scream" in 1996, and got married in 1999. When announcing their split two years ago, the couple said in a joint statement, "The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage."
He later confessed to Howard Stern about his affair with Jasmine Waltz and revealed that he and Courteney hadn't had sex for quite some time. His estranged wife "got really pissed" at him for "sharing too much," and he apologetically said, "She had a right to get upset about some of the personal details."
More Courteney Cox News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert