Katy Perry Is a Good Girl Gone Bad in New 'Part of Me' Clip
Katy Perry shows her rebellious side in a new clip for "Katy Perry: Part of Me". Being released via MTV, the snippet focuses on scenes that show how Katy's devoted parents first disagreed with her idea of pursuing career in music. However, the songstress insisted to stay on her own path by releasing "I Kissed a Girl" as her first single.
Despite what her fans might have thought, the 27-year-old pop sensation claims that the provocative song didn't cause strife between her and her conservative parents. She says, "I think people love the idea of 'a good girl gone bad', and they think my parents have disowned me, but that's not the story at all."
Designed as a concert-documentary movie hybrid, "Katy Perry: Part of Me" aims to show the "Firework" hitmaker's life on and off the stage as well as gives a fan's perspective on the superstar. The 3D movie is directed by Magical Elves, who produced Justin Bieber's successful concert documentary, "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never".
"This film, you're going to see it from my best friend/buddy perspective, you're going to see exactly what I mean and feel and think about everything," Katy once said of her film. As for the 3D sequence, she gushed, "Listen, I've [worked on] most of this film for a very long time and the word 'cheap' was not in the vocabulary. But, hello, it's 3D. You're going to get hit with a lot of s***."
Paramount Pictures will release "Katy Perry: Part of Me" in the U.S. theaters on July 5.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors