Katy Perry Is a Good Girl Gone Bad in New 'Part of Me' Clip
Katy Perry shows her rebellious side in a new clip for "Katy Perry: Part of Me". Being released via MTV, the snippet focuses on scenes that show how Katy's devoted parents first disagreed with her idea of pursuing career in music. However, the songstress insisted to stay on her own path by releasing "I Kissed a Girl" as her first single.
Despite what her fans might have thought, the 27-year-old pop sensation claims that the provocative song didn't cause strife between her and her conservative parents. She says, "I think people love the idea of 'a good girl gone bad', and they think my parents have disowned me, but that's not the story at all."
Designed as a concert-documentary movie hybrid, "Katy Perry: Part of Me" aims to show the "Firework" hitmaker's life on and off the stage as well as gives a fan's perspective on the superstar. The 3D movie is directed by Magical Elves, who produced Justin Bieber's successful concert documentary, "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never".
"This film, you're going to see it from my best friend/buddy perspective, you're going to see exactly what I mean and feel and think about everything," Katy once said of her film. As for the 3D sequence, she gushed, "Listen, I've [worked on] most of this film for a very long time and the word 'cheap' was not in the vocabulary. But, hello, it's 3D. You're going to get hit with a lot of s***."
Paramount Pictures will release "Katy Perry: Part of Me" in the U.S. theaters on July 5.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?