Video: Joan Rivers Calls Barack Obama and Mitt Romney 'Idiots' and 'Disgusting'
Joan Rivers has no qualm about ripping two Presidential candidates for upcoming election, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The 79-year-old TV personality brands the two politicians "idiots" and "disgusting." She tells CNN's Zoraida Sambolin about what she thinks about them, "How dare you spend two years campaigning?"
In the chat to promote her new book "I Hate Everyone, Starting with Me", Rivers continues scolding the two. "First of all, the president: get into the White House and do your God-dam*ed duty," she states. "And Mitt Romney. Two years you all hate each other, and now you're all going to come together and say, 'But we really love him?'."
"I find it disgusting. The money spent? The money spent? Outrageous. Obama went to a dinner party for Democrats? $40,000 a plate. You're not Democrats. You're not Democrats. You're very strong Republicans. I find the whole thing disgusting. Both sides disgusting."
So, what's her suggestion? Rivers says, "They should do what England does. Six weeks - to find out what everyone thinks before they vote for them for Parliament. That makes sense."
In a separate interview with POLITICO, she gushes, "I'm definitely in favor of a monarchy because they're there, they look good, and they always have good gift shops when you leave the palace. ... I feel that it's just all about party affiliation and it's all about voting the way your party wants to vote and it's not at all about what we should be about."
She hates politics so much that she avoids to do political comedy. "Because every moron is doing it," she reasons before naming Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert as the exception.
In the same occasion, she criticized Obama's plan to raise taxes on the richest. "I'm also being chastised because I work 18 hours a day and make a living. I feel that I'm part of the 2 percent and I'm really not interested in a woman who has 95 children and has 95 husbands. I think the Chinese have it right: You each have one children, two children and you take care of them," she shares.
When talking about her "2 percent" statement with Sambolin, Rivers is unapologetic. She once again stresses, "I work 18 hours a day. I love my job. I think I work harder than anyone on my staff. That's my choice. And I make money, yes and I earn my money. I had nothing when I started. I slept in my car."
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip