First Look at Jake Abel as Ian O'Shea in 'The Host'
How Jake Abel will look like as Ian O'Shea in "The Host (2013)" has been unveiled in form of an image. The picture, which is released via Entertainment Weekly, shows the male lead character sitting alone in an empty room while donning a dirty long-sleeved shirt.
In addition to Jake's first look as Ian, EW releases another still that features lead actress Saoirse Ronan sitting on a rock against the beautiful backdrop of a canyon. Saoirse plays lead character Melanie, who is one of the last humans who put up a fight against parasites called the Souls. Melanie herself is implanted by one of the Souls called Wanderer a.k.a Wanda.
While Saoirse's Melanie is the main character, Jake describes Ian as "one of the last remaining humans, part of the human resistance that's trying to survive this alien invasion. He and his brother escaped being captured together and found Jeb's (Melanie's uncle) cave out in the desert, and that's pretty much where he's resided ever since."
"He's been struggling to survive along with the rest of the people in our colony," the 24-year-old actor explains. "When Wanda comes, there's the initial mistrust and fear. But through her actions, she slowly starts to teach us things that we weren't aware of, and because of that my feelings for her start to change."
Of how he prepared himself for the role, Jake says, "This is my fourth or fifth film that's been an adaptation of a book, and I hate to admit it, but this is the first one I'd read before filming the movie. Usually I kind of keep the script (as) the bible and base everything off of that. But I think Stephenie (Meyer) probably had a big hand in Andrew (Niccol)'s adaptation of her book."
"I knew that they were going to try to keep as close as possible and I knew the book would give me much more backstory - just because of the capacity a book can hold - than the script could give me," he continues. "So I did just crash through the book in a few days. I learned some stuff, and then some stuff changed in the movie, and it all came together, and I was really happy with what we came up with for Ian."
An adaptation of a novel written by "Twilight" series author Stephenie Meyer, "The Host" has been scheduled to open in the United States on March 29. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Max Irons as Jared, William Hurt as Jeb, Diane Kruger as The Seeker, and Chandler Canterbury as Jamie.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?