LAPD Confirms Robbery at Kanye West's Los Angeles Home
Kanye West was away from home and it got ransacked. TMZ reported that the rapper's house in Los Angeles was hit by burglars on Wednesday, June 13 morning while he was in Birmingham, England to perform a concert.
LAPD got a call from someone who was at Kanye's house. Apparently there were signs of disruption as sources at the scene told TMZ that the thieves dropped some of Kanye's belongings on the way out.
LAPD reportedly is still investigating. Officer Richard French later told Los Angeles Weekly, "I can confirm there was a burglary." A press release was planned to be issued but got canceled.
Officer Bruce Borihahn then stepped up to confirm that the break-in took place around 6:30 A.M. in the 7800 block Fareholm Drive. "The owner wasn't home at the time, and it is unknown if any property was taken," said Borihahn.
Last month, it was reported that the three-bedroom house was pocket-listed but the asking price was kept a secret. Kanye bought the house 2003, put it on the market in 2010 for $3,995,000, but didn't end up selling it.
More Kanye West News
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'