Kate Walsh Confirms She's Leaving 'Private Practice' After Season 6
Kate Walsh has publicly announced her plans to retire from "Private Practice". Following rumors about her exit from the medical drama series, the 44-year-old actress confirmed that she won't return to the show after the upcoming sixth season.
"This is my last season of Private Practice," so she said when stopping by Bethenny Frankel's new daytime talk show "Bethenny" on Tuesday, June 12. "It's been an incredible journey and an amazing ride... and I feel incredibly grateful to [series creator] Shonda Rhimes and all the fans that have been there from day one 'til now."
"I'm really excited about the last season," she added. Admitting that her exit is "bittersweet," the Sandra Anderson of "Legion" called her eight-year gig as Dr. Addison Montgomery "a huge chapter" in her life.
Walsh began tackling the role of the world-class neonatal surgeon in the first season of "Grey's Anatomy". After leaving the Ellen Pompeo-starring series in 2007, she reprises the role on its spin-off which debuted the same year.
"Private Practice" is slated to return for its sixth season this fall at 10 P.M. every Tuesday. Although it's widely believed that the show will get an abbreviated run, Rhimes insisted, "I have been told that I'm not allowed to think of us only doing 13 episodes."
While Walsh will return for her one last season, another original cast member Tim Daly won't be part of the show anymore. "Wonderful fans of PP. Shonda informed my agent today that Pete wont be returning for season 6. It was a great 5 yrs. R.I.P. Pete Wilder," so the actor tweeted last May when confirming his exit.
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters