Kate Walsh Confirms She's Leaving 'Private Practice' After Season 6
Kate Walsh has publicly announced her plans to retire from "Private Practice". Following rumors about her exit from the medical drama series, the 44-year-old actress confirmed that she won't return to the show after the upcoming sixth season.
"This is my last season of Private Practice," so she said when stopping by Bethenny Frankel's new daytime talk show "Bethenny" on Tuesday, June 12. "It's been an incredible journey and an amazing ride... and I feel incredibly grateful to [series creator] Shonda Rhimes and all the fans that have been there from day one 'til now."
"I'm really excited about the last season," she added. Admitting that her exit is "bittersweet," the Sandra Anderson of "Legion" called her eight-year gig as Dr. Addison Montgomery "a huge chapter" in her life.
Walsh began tackling the role of the world-class neonatal surgeon in the first season of "Grey's Anatomy". After leaving the Ellen Pompeo-starring series in 2007, she reprises the role on its spin-off which debuted the same year.
"Private Practice" is slated to return for its sixth season this fall at 10 P.M. every Tuesday. Although it's widely believed that the show will get an abbreviated run, Rhimes insisted, "I have been told that I'm not allowed to think of us only doing 13 episodes."
While Walsh will return for her one last season, another original cast member Tim Daly won't be part of the show anymore. "Wonderful fans of PP. Shonda informed my agent today that Pete wont be returning for season 6. It was a great 5 yrs. R.I.P. Pete Wilder," so the actor tweeted last May when confirming his exit.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says