Hugh Laurie Close to Play the Antagonist in 'RoboCop' Remake
Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" remake is close to find its lead antagonist. It has been reported that "House M.D." alum Hugh Laurie is in formal talks to tackle the villainous part in the forthcoming movie.
MGM has yet to confirm the report, but Variety has learned that Laurie is expected to star as the evil CEO of Omni Corp. The company is also the one which creates RoboCop for its own gain. Should he seal the deal, the 53-year-old actor will join Joel Kinnaman who is cast as the titular cyborg.
"RoboCop" was first introduced to Hollywood by director Paul Verhoeven in 1987. The story follows a cop who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life. As for the upcoming reboot, the script is written by Josh Zetumer.
Also supporting the remake movie are Gary Oldman who will play the scientist who creates RoboCop, Abbie Cornish who will star as the protagonist's conflicted wife, and Samuel L. Jackson who will portray a patriotic media mogul.
Hugh Laurie had won two Golden Globes and was nominated for seven times at Emmy Awards thanks to his role as the titular character on "House". His last big screen stint was voicing Steve in "Arthur Christmas".
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'