Hugh Laurie Close to Play the Antagonist in 'RoboCop' Remake
Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" remake is close to find its lead antagonist. It has been reported that "House M.D." alum Hugh Laurie is in formal talks to tackle the villainous part in the forthcoming movie.
MGM has yet to confirm the report, but Variety has learned that Laurie is expected to star as the evil CEO of Omni Corp. The company is also the one which creates RoboCop for its own gain. Should he seal the deal, the 53-year-old actor will join Joel Kinnaman who is cast as the titular cyborg.
"RoboCop" was first introduced to Hollywood by director Paul Verhoeven in 1987. The story follows a cop who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life. As for the upcoming reboot, the script is written by Josh Zetumer.
Also supporting the remake movie are Gary Oldman who will play the scientist who creates RoboCop, Abbie Cornish who will star as the protagonist's conflicted wife, and Samuel L. Jackson who will portray a patriotic media mogul.
Hugh Laurie had won two Golden Globes and was nominated for seven times at Emmy Awards thanks to his role as the titular character on "House". His last big screen stint was voicing Steve in "Arthur Christmas".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent