Hugh Laurie Close to Play the Antagonist in 'RoboCop' Remake
Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" remake is close to find its lead antagonist. It has been reported that "House M.D." alum Hugh Laurie is in formal talks to tackle the villainous part in the forthcoming movie.
MGM has yet to confirm the report, but Variety has learned that Laurie is expected to star as the evil CEO of Omni Corp. The company is also the one which creates RoboCop for its own gain. Should he seal the deal, the 53-year-old actor will join Joel Kinnaman who is cast as the titular cyborg.
"RoboCop" was first introduced to Hollywood by director Paul Verhoeven in 1987. The story follows a cop who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life. As for the upcoming reboot, the script is written by Josh Zetumer.
Also supporting the remake movie are Gary Oldman who will play the scientist who creates RoboCop, Abbie Cornish who will star as the protagonist's conflicted wife, and Samuel L. Jackson who will portray a patriotic media mogul.
Hugh Laurie had won two Golden Globes and was nominated for seven times at Emmy Awards thanks to his role as the titular character on "House". His last big screen stint was voicing Steve in "Arthur Christmas".
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters