Evelyn Lozada's Fiance Chad Ochocinco Signs Deal With Miami Dolphins
Chad Ochocinco is returning to Miami. The fiance of "Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada has signed a contract to play for Miami Dolphins, just days after he was released by the New England Patriots.
"From Liberty City (The Journey) back to where it started Liberty City..." he tweeted on Monday, June 11 in reference to the Miami neighborhood in which he grew up. The footballer, who was previously known as Chad Johnson, will be assigned No. 85 in the Dolphins.
After he was cut by the Patriots, Lozada tweeted, "Aww baby you got cut @ochocinco I got your back! I'm the bread winner now, which means I make the rules! #boom." Chad himself jokingly wrote, "yes increased allowance," when she informed her followers that her newly-released book was sold out.
Ochocinco and Lozada will have their own show "Ev and Ocho". She revealed, "We filmed a scene for the show where we were supposedly at this guy Chad's mansion. It was old and smelled funny. We said, 'Let's get out of here.' He heard about it and started making these comments on Twitter. I thought, 'Oh, my God. He's a jerk'."
Commenting on her reaction, the ex-fiancee of NBA star Antoine Walker defended herself. "Evelyn, being who she is, had something to say back," Lozada said.
Indeed, she never hesitated to take action if she felt insulted. She once hurdled a wine bottle at one fellow "Basketball Wives" member and attacked another castmate, but now she is a new woman. "You will never see that from me again," she promised. "When it comes to Evelyn, she needs to behave better."
Talking about her previous violent acts, she said as quoted by New York Daily News, "Initially I was very defensive. When you look at other reality shows there's all kinds of violence, sex and partying. But then there were boycotts. It was insane. I can guarantee you, things will be different."
She's determined to change after witnessing Ochocinco's 9- and 7-year-old daughters acting like she was on the show. "They were imitating me," she recalled. "Initially, I tried to tell them that wasn't me. They said, yes it was."
In "Basketball Wives" reunion special earlier, Lozada did behave. She admitted she missed her friendship with Jennifer Williams although her former beastie confessed she was jealous of Lozada's relationship with Ochocinco.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?