Andy Samberg's First Post-'SNL' Role Is 'Spiritual Ninja' on 'Cuckoo'
Andy Samberg has landed another TV gig after departing from "Saturday Night Live". BBC Three has officially announced that the Quincy of "Friends with Benefits" will star on its upcoming six-part comedy series "Cuckoo".
On the British show, the 33-year-old comedian/writer plays a slacker who marries a girl (Tamia Kari) during her one-year trip before she goes to college. He meets her parents (Greg Davies and Helen Baxendale), who are horrified when introduced to their new son-in-law.
Samberg's character is further described as "square-jawed, self-appointed spiritual ninja" who is full of outlandish, New Age ideas and "every parent's worst nightmare." Created and written by Robin French and Kieron Quirke, the series will be filmed over the summer and projected to air later this year.
Executive producer Ash Atalla (U.K.'s "The Office") hopes the show "cements the special relationship between" the United States and England. "The best of British meets the toast of Hollywood," so he said in a statement. "I imagine [President Barack] Obama and [U.K. Prime Minister David] Cameron will be watching closely."
Samberg will soon be seen in Adam Sandler's starring comedy film "That's My Boy", which is due to come out June 15 in theaters across the nation. He also lends his voice for animated 3D movie "Hotel Transylvania", which is slated for September 28 release.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video