Charlize Theron Sports Newly Shaved Head for 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Role
Charlize Theron chopped her famous long blond hair for a new movie role. The Queen Ravenna of "Snow White and the Huntsman" has been photographed sporting shaved head under a fedora when leaving a doctor's office in Beverly Hills with her son Jackson on Monday, June 11.
As speculations started swirling as to why the Oscar winner cut off her hair, her representative confirmed to PEOPLE that the actress shaved her head last week for her role as Furiosa in upcoming film "Mad Max: Fury Road. She is expected to start filming it with Tom Hardy next month in Africa.
Theron herself recently opened up to MTV News that she's been preparing herself to work on the long-gestating film project, which was slated to resume its production on June 2. "You want some inside scoope? Start date: June 2," so the Meredith Vickers of "Prometheus" teased.
"We've had a lot of time to talk about it and we had some rehearsal time when we were going to [shoot the movie]," the 36-year-old actress added. "I think it's been good. I think you have to find the positive about something like this, waiting that long to do a film."
Back in May, Theron also hinted that she was enthusiastic about undergoing a drastic transformation for her new role in "Mad Max". She said during a roundtable interview with MTV, "It's been three years: It's time to skin this cat already! I'm very excited about it."
A reboot of Mel Gibson-starring action movie franchise, "Mad Max: Fury Road" will be directed by George Miller. Details of the forthcoming film are still unclear, but Miller already planned two other films for the series with Theron, Hardy and Nicholaus Hoult lining up in the cast ensemble.
"We started with ['Fury Road'], but we then started to do a second story and a third," Miller once shared. "We've written the script for the second and almost finished the third. We never intended to, they were part of the exploration of the characters."
Hardy added that the upcoming film will be "much more close to the human story of the man as opposed to something which is going to be a shocking movie without any substance."
- Watch Charlie Puth's Sexy Music Video for 'Attention'
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience