Blake Shelton Complains About 'The Voice' Back-to-Back Seasons
At least one person is not too fond of "The Voice" back-to-back seasons. Speaking backstage at the CMA Festival on Friday, June 8, Blake Shelton admitted he has expressed his objection about shooting the show in spring and fall, but finally realized that things need to be compromised.
"At some point, something's gotta give," so he addressed this issue. "I've been very vocal with the network and Mark Burnett's production company. It's like 'Man, this sucks, because the reason that you want the four of us is because we're viable artists right now-current. And we can't do both, if we do back-to-back seasons.' I've been hammering 'em about it."
Though so, the CMT Music Award winner said he still loves working on the reality show. "I look forward to that," so he claimed. "I love it, and I can't imagine not being a part of The Voice, ever. I mean, I'd love to do it from now on. But it just needs to work in a way that I can still come out here and see these people that are here (attending the CMA Festival) tonight across the country and do that at the same time. So, something's gotta give."
Confirming the production schedule for the NBC talent show, the husband of country music songstress Miranda Lambert affirmed, "We are gonna do this fall." He added, "We've already committed to that. And in fact we start in a week or two, filming it again."
NBC announced in May that "The Voice" will return for its third season in the fall on the same slots, 8 P.M.-10 P.M. on Monday and 8 P.M.-9 P.M. on Tuesday. At the time, NBC's entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt also revealed that he planned to add the spinning chairs from the audition phase into the battle rounds.
Beside Shelton, the other three judges/mentors Adam Levine, Cee-Lo Green and Christina Aguilera will all return and sit on the spinning chairs.
More The Voice News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen