Matthew McConaughey Marries Camila Alves in High-End Wedding Party
Matthew McConaughey has made it official with the mother of his two children. The "Magic Mike" star married model Camila Alves in a private ceremony at the actor's property in Austin, Texas on Saturday, June 9 night before family and friends.
According to Entertainment Tonight, the wedding's theme is "island beach meets Texas" with yellow and orange colors. Guests were served with Brazilian food such as chicken wrapped in bacon and pork sausages with cheese bread from steakhouse Estancia Churrascaria.
The guests arrived on Friday night to have a pre-wedding slumber party. The couple has set up a dozen of cozy tents on the backyard, providing each of them with air-conditioning unit, patio and doormat. A giant tent was erected in the middle and long tables that could accommodate 10 to 20 people were placed around for dining.
"There were about 100 of [Matthew's] close friends and family there," a wedding guest told Us Weekly. "[The ceremony] was very emotional. There was a moment when ...[Matthew] leaned down and whispered something in [Camila's] ear and you could see a tear coming down her face. Everyone let out a collective sigh."
A rep of McConaughey told People that Alves will pick up her husband's last name.
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary