Matthew McConaughey Marries Camila Alves in High-End Wedding Party
Matthew McConaughey has made it official with the mother of his two children. The "Magic Mike" star married model Camila Alves in a private ceremony at the actor's property in Austin, Texas on Saturday, June 9 night before family and friends.
According to Entertainment Tonight, the wedding's theme is "island beach meets Texas" with yellow and orange colors. Guests were served with Brazilian food such as chicken wrapped in bacon and pork sausages with cheese bread from steakhouse Estancia Churrascaria.
The guests arrived on Friday night to have a pre-wedding slumber party. The couple has set up a dozen of cozy tents on the backyard, providing each of them with air-conditioning unit, patio and doormat. A giant tent was erected in the middle and long tables that could accommodate 10 to 20 people were placed around for dining.
"There were about 100 of [Matthew's] close friends and family there," a wedding guest told Us Weekly. "[The ceremony] was very emotional. There was a moment when ...[Matthew] leaned down and whispered something in [Camila's] ear and you could see a tear coming down her face. Everyone let out a collective sigh."
A rep of McConaughey told People that Alves will pick up her husband's last name.
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?