April 25, 2017  

Robert De Niro's NYC Apartment Went Up in Flames

June 9, 2012 (6:09 pm) GMT
Firefighters were called to the actor's expensive pad when blaze started in the laundry room and caused extensive damage.
Robert De Niro

's apartment in Manhattan went up in flames while the actor was not home. Friday, June 8 afternoon, firefighters were called to expensive apartment block near West 68th Street to extinguish the fire on the fifth floor and they successfully contained it in an hour.

A Fire Department spokesman said there was no one injured in the incident although fire, smoke and water damage have been done on the fifth floor. The fourth and sixth floors also suffered some damage.

The fire source was believed to be the lint in the dryer in De Niro's laundry room. "The dryer in 5W caused the fire that spread through the entire 5th floor," Battalion Chief Mike Meyers told The NY Post. A firefighter added, "Some of the lint (in the dryer) caught fire."

A resident, Nathan Bear, was moving his car when suddenly "Right above my head these 12 foot tall flames exploded out of the 5th floor window," he said.

A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor was out of the country when the blaze started.

More Robert De Niro News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
  2. Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
  3. Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
  4. La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
  5. Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
  6. La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
  7. Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
  8. G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation