Robert De Niro's NYC Apartment Went Up in Flames
Robert De Niro's apartment in Manhattan went up in flames while the actor was not home. Friday, June 8 afternoon, firefighters were called to expensive apartment block near West 68th Street to extinguish the fire on the fifth floor and they successfully contained it in an hour.
A Fire Department spokesman said there was no one injured in the incident although fire, smoke and water damage have been done on the fifth floor. The fourth and sixth floors also suffered some damage.
The fire source was believed to be the lint in the dryer in De Niro's laundry room. "The dryer in 5W caused the fire that spread through the entire 5th floor," Battalion Chief Mike Meyers told The NY Post. A firefighter added, "Some of the lint (in the dryer) caught fire."
A resident, Nathan Bear, was moving his car when suddenly "Right above my head these 12 foot tall flames exploded out of the 5th floor window," he said.
A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor was out of the country when the blaze started.
More Robert De Niro News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans