Judge Denies ABC's Efforts to Slow Down CBS 'Glass House' Restraining Order Request
ABC's attempts to slow down CBS's request for temporary restraining order against "The Glass House" have turned to no avail. On Friday, June 8, U.S. District Judge Gary Allen Feess denied the Alphabet's request for more time to respond to the Eye's TRO request, and asked the defendants' legal team to file an official response by 5 P.M. on Monday, June 11.
Previously on late Thursday, CBS filed a TRO to shut down the production of ABC's new reality show and block the premiere, which is currently scheduled for June 18. Responding to the court filing, the Alphabet stated it "is a naked attempt by CBS to stifle competition and creativity by claiming that reality techniques that have been developed over many years, on many shows by countless producers, are somehow exclusive to CBS."
In its lawsuit filed in May, CBS alleged ABC and its parent The Walt Disney Company of copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition and breach of fiduciary duty, among other complaints. However, the Alphabet denied it as insisting that "the differences between Glass House and Big Brother are both fundamental and obvious, ranging from Glass House's interactive elements and audience participation to its deployment of cutting edge technologies."
CBS allegedly still plans to sue individuals working on "Glass House" who were also former "Big Brother" producers for allegedly breaching their confidentiality agreements.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'