Judge Denies ABC's Efforts to Slow Down CBS 'Glass House' Restraining Order Request
ABC's attempts to slow down CBS's request for temporary restraining order against "The Glass House" have turned to no avail. On Friday, June 8, U.S. District Judge Gary Allen Feess denied the Alphabet's request for more time to respond to the Eye's TRO request, and asked the defendants' legal team to file an official response by 5 P.M. on Monday, June 11.
Previously on late Thursday, CBS filed a TRO to shut down the production of ABC's new reality show and block the premiere, which is currently scheduled for June 18. Responding to the court filing, the Alphabet stated it "is a naked attempt by CBS to stifle competition and creativity by claiming that reality techniques that have been developed over many years, on many shows by countless producers, are somehow exclusive to CBS."
In its lawsuit filed in May, CBS alleged ABC and its parent The Walt Disney Company of copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition and breach of fiduciary duty, among other complaints. However, the Alphabet denied it as insisting that "the differences between Glass House and Big Brother are both fundamental and obvious, ranging from Glass House's interactive elements and audience participation to its deployment of cutting edge technologies."
CBS allegedly still plans to sue individuals working on "Glass House" who were also former "Big Brother" producers for allegedly breaching their confidentiality agreements.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!