First Official Look: Idris Elba in 'Pacific Rim', Dakota Fanning in 'Effie'
Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" and Richard Laxton's "Effie" have uncovered a first official look at each of their leading characters. The former shows how Idris Elba will look like as General Stacker Pentecost in the sci-fi movie, while the latter reveals the look of Dakota Fanning as the titular character in the period drama movie.
Elba is pictured in what seems to be an isolated room. He is seen carrying a helmet while rocking an all-black futuristic metal costume. Fanning, on the other hand, is featured looking elegant in a green period gown complete with a pair of fingerless gloves. There are also pictures that see her in closer angle.
"Pacific Rim" follows the time when legions of monstrous creatures start rising from the sea. To combat the monsters, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. Slated for a July 12, 2013 release in the U.S., the pic also stars Charlie Day and Charlie Hunnam.
As for "Effie", the movie centers on a young woman who marries a man named Ruskin. Despite her beauty, Ruskin never consummates their marriage. After suffering through a loveless marriage, Effie falls in love with Ruskin's protege, painter John Everett Milias, and marries him. The film, which still hasn't got a U.S. release date, is supported by Greg Wise and Emma Thompson.
Other stills from "Effie":
More Pacific Rim News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'