First Official Look: Idris Elba in 'Pacific Rim', Dakota Fanning in 'Effie'
Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" and Richard Laxton's "Effie" have uncovered a first official look at each of their leading characters. The former shows how Idris Elba will look like as General Stacker Pentecost in the sci-fi movie, while the latter reveals the look of Dakota Fanning as the titular character in the period drama movie.
Elba is pictured in what seems to be an isolated room. He is seen carrying a helmet while rocking an all-black futuristic metal costume. Fanning, on the other hand, is featured looking elegant in a green period gown complete with a pair of fingerless gloves. There are also pictures that see her in closer angle.
"Pacific Rim" follows the time when legions of monstrous creatures start rising from the sea. To combat the monsters, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. Slated for a July 12, 2013 release in the U.S., the pic also stars Charlie Day and Charlie Hunnam.
As for "Effie", the movie centers on a young woman who marries a man named Ruskin. Despite her beauty, Ruskin never consummates their marriage. After suffering through a loveless marriage, Effie falls in love with Ruskin's protege, painter John Everett Milias, and marries him. The film, which still hasn't got a U.S. release date, is supported by Greg Wise and Emma Thompson.
Other stills from "Effie":
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full