Video: Jimmy Fallon and Carly Rae Jepsen's Stripped Down Version of 'Call Me Maybe'
After covering a number of sensational hits, Jimmy Fallon has delivered his take on Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". Enlisting the original singer who was a guest on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Thursday, June 7, the comedian performed a stripped down version of the upbeat pop track which might appeal to younger demographic.
Joined by his house band The Roots, they played a toy version of bongo, xylophone, melodica, tone block and triangle, which could be found in kindergarten classroom, to replace the song's bouncy synths. Jepsen served as the lead vocalist, while Fallon provided the back-up vocals.
"Call Me Maybe", which is the lead single of the Canadian artist's second album "Curiosity", peaked at No. 1 on Digital Songs chart. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry were among some A-listers who have released their own video of the song.
More Jimmy Fallon News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights