Video: Jimmy Fallon and Carly Rae Jepsen's Stripped Down Version of 'Call Me Maybe'
After covering a number of sensational hits, Jimmy Fallon has delivered his take on Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". Enlisting the original singer who was a guest on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Thursday, June 7, the comedian performed a stripped down version of the upbeat pop track which might appeal to younger demographic.
Joined by his house band The Roots, they played a toy version of bongo, xylophone, melodica, tone block and triangle, which could be found in kindergarten classroom, to replace the song's bouncy synths. Jepsen served as the lead vocalist, while Fallon provided the back-up vocals.
"Call Me Maybe", which is the lead single of the Canadian artist's second album "Curiosity", peaked at No. 1 on Digital Songs chart. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry were among some A-listers who have released their own video of the song.
More Jimmy Fallon News
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth