Video: Jimmy Fallon and Carly Rae Jepsen's Stripped Down Version of 'Call Me Maybe'
After covering a number of sensational hits, Jimmy Fallon has delivered his take on Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". Enlisting the original singer who was a guest on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Thursday, June 7, the comedian performed a stripped down version of the upbeat pop track which might appeal to younger demographic.
Joined by his house band The Roots, they played a toy version of bongo, xylophone, melodica, tone block and triangle, which could be found in kindergarten classroom, to replace the song's bouncy synths. Jepsen served as the lead vocalist, while Fallon provided the back-up vocals.
"Call Me Maybe", which is the lead single of the Canadian artist's second album "Curiosity", peaked at No. 1 on Digital Songs chart. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry were among some A-listers who have released their own video of the song.
More Jimmy Fallon News
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right