Video: Jimmy Fallon and Carly Rae Jepsen's Stripped Down Version of 'Call Me Maybe'
After covering a number of sensational hits, Jimmy Fallon has delivered his take on Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". Enlisting the original singer who was a guest on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Thursday, June 7, the comedian performed a stripped down version of the upbeat pop track which might appeal to younger demographic.
Joined by his house band The Roots, they played a toy version of bongo, xylophone, melodica, tone block and triangle, which could be found in kindergarten classroom, to replace the song's bouncy synths. Jepsen served as the lead vocalist, while Fallon provided the back-up vocals.
"Call Me Maybe", which is the lead single of the Canadian artist's second album "Curiosity", peaked at No. 1 on Digital Songs chart. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry were among some A-listers who have released their own video of the song.
More Jimmy Fallon News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef