Video: Jimmy Fallon and Carly Rae Jepsen's Stripped Down Version of 'Call Me Maybe'
After covering a number of sensational hits, Jimmy Fallon has delivered his take on Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". Enlisting the original singer who was a guest on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Thursday, June 7, the comedian performed a stripped down version of the upbeat pop track which might appeal to younger demographic.
Joined by his house band The Roots, they played a toy version of bongo, xylophone, melodica, tone block and triangle, which could be found in kindergarten classroom, to replace the song's bouncy synths. Jepsen served as the lead vocalist, while Fallon provided the back-up vocals.
"Call Me Maybe", which is the lead single of the Canadian artist's second album "Curiosity", peaked at No. 1 on Digital Songs chart. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry were among some A-listers who have released their own video of the song.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed