Brad Pitt's 'World War Z' to Be Rewritten by Damon Lindelof
Hot on the heels of his screenwriting stint in "Prometheus", Damon Lindelof has nabbed another job to rewrite Brad Pitt's zombie pandemic movie "World War Z". It was Heat Vision which first reported that the "Lost" writer "has been brought in to save" the novel-adapted flick.
The original script was written by Matthew Michael Carnahan and J. Michael Straczynski. In the rewriting, Lindelof reportedly will focus on writing the movie's third act.
World War Z" is a big-budgeted actioner which was co-produced by Pitt for Paramount Pictures. It sparked rumors of facing some troubles when its release date was pushed back from December this year to June 21, 2013. Some significant reshoots are prepared for the movie in either September or October.
In "World War Z", Pitt tackles the part of Gerry Lane, a United Nation employee who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. The story is based on Max Brook's horror novel of the same title.
Serving as the director is Marc Foster, who has wrapped the filming last year in various locations in Europe. The movie is also supported by Mireille Enos, James Badge Dale, Julia Levy-Boeken, Elyes Gabel and David Morse.
More World War Z News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch