Angelina Jolie NOT In Negotiations to Direct 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Fans should stop hoping that Angelina Jolie would direct "Fifty Shades of Grey". Amid swirling rumors that the "In the Land of Blood and Honey" helmer is eyed to shepherd the novel-adapted movie, it is now confirmed that the A-lister is never in talks to tackle the duty.
Multiple sources close to the much-talk-about movie project claimed to Entertainment Weekly that "there is nothing to these reports but bogus speculation." Jolie's camp also clarified to The Hollywood Reporter that "there haven't been any talks with studio Focus Features."
Reports that the "Salt" actress was courted to direct the big screen take on E.L. James' steamy novel were first broken by Deadline. The site claimed that the actress-turned-filmmaker was having "a conversation or two" about directing the adult film. Though so, she hasn't had formal discussions with Universal Pictures.
It is not likely that Jolie's schedule would allow her to join the "Fifty Shades of Grey". The actress is currently focusing on her fairytale movie "Maleficent" at Walt Disney Pictures, while Focus and Universal are aiming to move fast with "Fifty". Additionally, Jolie has expressed interest to direct another film, but the project she's been focusing on is a script she has written about Afghanistan.
"Fifty Shades of Grey", which is included in the New York Times bestseller list, centers on a 21-year-old college student Anastasia, who has an S&M relationship with a wealthy entrepreneur named Christian. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed".
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App