Chris Pine Settles Commission Lawsuit Brought Up by Former Agency
Chris Pine no longer has problem with his former agent. The "Star Trek" actor has settled a lawsuit filed by SDB Partners who claimed earlier this year that they did not receive the commission they were entitled to.
Pine signed with the agency in 2002 and parted in November last year. In their lawsuit, SDB Partners claimed they helped the actor launched his game in Hollywood when "nobody was willing to touch Pine". This includes landing him a job at the "Star Trek" reboot.
SDB sued Pine because the actor no longer gave them the 10 percent commission on "Star Trek" and some of his following projects such as "Unstoppable" and "This Means War". According to the lawsuit, Pine was to be paid $1.5 million and $500,000 in backend compensation for "Star Trek" sequel. If the third film gets made, then he possibly receives $3 million plus $500,000 in backend.
In addition, Pine got $3 million for "Unstoppable", $5 million for "This Means War", and $16 million for the three films of the Jack Ryan franchise. Although some of these projects will be completed after Pine and SDB have parted, the agency claimed they sought "millions of dollars that Pine will continue to earn as a result of SDB's prior hard work and dedication to Pine's career."
Both parties have settled the situation in L.A. Superior Court but terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special