Behind the Scenes: Jordin Sparks Dedicates 'Celebrate' Music Video to Whitney Houston
Jordin Sparks has filmed a music video for "Celebrate" which is featured in her upcoming film "Sparkle". Having a chance to duet with the late Whitney Houston in the track, the winner of "American Idol" season 6 reveals she wants to pay tribute to the late singer/actress with the clip.
"What we wanted to do was make sure that this was a fun, happy video and just kind of dedicating it to her," she tells Entertainment Tonight on the set of the music video shoot. In another behind-the-scene video, the "Battlefield" singer claims, "Doing this music video, I had the best time. It couldn't have been any better."
"Celebrate" is the lead single off the "Sparkle" soundtrack. "What better song to leave for people to hear than a song that is so upbeat and just so happy and so encouraging?" the 22-year-old says of the R. Kelly-written single.
In the drama film that will hit theaters across the U.S. on August 17, Sparks plays the titular character who struggles to become a star while overcoming issues that are tearing her family apart. The late "I Will Always Love You" songstress, Houston, was cast as her mother.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans