Behind the Scenes: Jordin Sparks Dedicates 'Celebrate' Music Video to Whitney Houston
Jordin Sparks has filmed a music video for "Celebrate" which is featured in her upcoming film "Sparkle". Having a chance to duet with the late Whitney Houston in the track, the winner of "American Idol" season 6 reveals she wants to pay tribute to the late singer/actress with the clip.
"What we wanted to do was make sure that this was a fun, happy video and just kind of dedicating it to her," she tells Entertainment Tonight on the set of the music video shoot. In another behind-the-scene video, the "Battlefield" singer claims, "Doing this music video, I had the best time. It couldn't have been any better."
"Celebrate" is the lead single off the "Sparkle" soundtrack. "What better song to leave for people to hear than a song that is so upbeat and just so happy and so encouraging?" the 22-year-old says of the R. Kelly-written single.
In the drama film that will hit theaters across the U.S. on August 17, Sparks plays the titular character who struggles to become a star while overcoming issues that are tearing her family apart. The late "I Will Always Love You" songstress, Houston, was cast as her mother.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked