Behind the Scenes: Jordin Sparks Dedicates 'Celebrate' Music Video to Whitney Houston
Jordin Sparks has filmed a music video for "Celebrate" which is featured in her upcoming film "Sparkle". Having a chance to duet with the late Whitney Houston in the track, the winner of "American Idol" season 6 reveals she wants to pay tribute to the late singer/actress with the clip.
"What we wanted to do was make sure that this was a fun, happy video and just kind of dedicating it to her," she tells Entertainment Tonight on the set of the music video shoot. In another behind-the-scene video, the "Battlefield" singer claims, "Doing this music video, I had the best time. It couldn't have been any better."
"Celebrate" is the lead single off the "Sparkle" soundtrack. "What better song to leave for people to hear than a song that is so upbeat and just so happy and so encouraging?" the 22-year-old says of the R. Kelly-written single.
In the drama film that will hit theaters across the U.S. on August 17, Sparks plays the titular character who struggles to become a star while overcoming issues that are tearing her family apart. The late "I Will Always Love You" songstress, Houston, was cast as her mother.
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl