Scotty McCreery Follows Up His CMT Win by Getting High School Diploma
Scotty McCreery graduated from North Carolina's Garner High School on Thursday, June 7. The winner of "American Idol" season 10 received his diploma just one day after collecting Breakthrough Video of the Year during a live telecast of 2012 CMT Music Awards.
"Ive enjoyed these last 4 years.. wouldnt trade any of them for the world. #iamatrojan," he tweeted before the graduation ceremony. Of his CMT win, he wrote, "Great night at the #CMTAwards! Huge thanks to all the fans for putting in the votes, and CMT for playing the videos!"
Scotty received his first CMT belt buckle through "The Trouble With Girls" clip. He beat Brantley Gilbert, Hunter Hayes, Pistol Annies, Thompson Square and fellow "Idol" Lauren Alaina. He said, "This award is special to me because I got to film this at my home high school."
While walking down the purple carpet at the awards show, Scotty revealed what he and his friends planned for the graduation party. "It's like eight of us kids and their families, we're all getting together. We're gonna get some Bojangles. It's the best fried chicken back home," he told CMT.
After the show, Scotty and his entourage caught a midnight flight back to North Carolina so that he could attend the graduation ceremony which was scheduled at 8 A.M. local time. He plans to attend North Carolina State University in the fall.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed