'Body of Proof' Loses Three Regular Actors
"Body of Proof" is undergoing a big shakeup leading to the production of its third season. It has been reported that Nicholas Bishop, Sonja Sohn and John Carroll Lynch, who had regular roles on the Dana Delany-starring series, are dismissed from the show.
Lynch, who played Detective Bud Morris since the first episode of the medical drama series, confirmed on his Twitter that his option was not picked up for season 3. He, however, won't be unemployed for too long since he is reportedly set to join NBC's new series "Do No Harm" as a regular.
Bishop and Sohn had also appeared on "Body of Proof" since the pilot, portraying medico-legal investigator Peter Dunlop and Morris' partner Detective Samantha Baker respectively. Reports suggested that the mass exodus was a result of budget cuts.
The casting changes come after ABC announced in May that it renewed "Body of Proof" for a shortened third season consisting of 13 episodes.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors