'Body of Proof' Loses Three Regular Actors
"Body of Proof" is undergoing a big shakeup leading to the production of its third season. It has been reported that Nicholas Bishop, Sonja Sohn and John Carroll Lynch, who had regular roles on the Dana Delany-starring series, are dismissed from the show.
Lynch, who played Detective Bud Morris since the first episode of the medical drama series, confirmed on his Twitter that his option was not picked up for season 3. He, however, won't be unemployed for too long since he is reportedly set to join NBC's new series "Do No Harm" as a regular.
Bishop and Sohn had also appeared on "Body of Proof" since the pilot, portraying medico-legal investigator Peter Dunlop and Morris' partner Detective Samantha Baker respectively. Reports suggested that the mass exodus was a result of budget cuts.
The casting changes come after ABC announced in May that it renewed "Body of Proof" for a shortened third season consisting of 13 episodes.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner