'The Walking Dead': First Look at David Morrissey as The Governor
How The Governor will be brought by David Morrissey on "The Walking Dead" TV series has been unveiled in a photo. The newly-shared picture gives a look at the British actor in character as he stands near a bush. Behind him, there's another man holding a gun.
Gushing about the third season, Robert Kirkman tells TV Guide, "Seeing The Walking Dead come to life on AMC has been a real thrill for me, obviously, and moving into Season 3 I'm even more excited than ever because now I feel like we're really getting to 'the good stuff.' " He adds, "Having The Governor in the mix is going to fundamentally change the show in all kinds of awesome and exiting ways. And David Morrissey totally rocks!"
The author of the "Walking Dead" graphic novels previously promised that "The Governor in the show is definitely going to be The Governor in the comic." He went on claiming, "I think that he's definitely going to be a character that people love to hate and are absolutely entertained by, but also somewhat terrified of. He's definitely going to be a very important character and a very nuanced character. We are not going to be watering him down."
The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Beside this villainous character, sword-wielding heroine Michonne will also be featured in the upcoming season, with Danai Gurira tackling the role.
More The Walking Dead News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer