'The Walking Dead': First Look at David Morrissey as The Governor
How The Governor will be brought by David Morrissey on "The Walking Dead" TV series has been unveiled in a photo. The newly-shared picture gives a look at the British actor in character as he stands near a bush. Behind him, there's another man holding a gun.
Gushing about the third season, Robert Kirkman tells TV Guide, "Seeing The Walking Dead come to life on AMC has been a real thrill for me, obviously, and moving into Season 3 I'm even more excited than ever because now I feel like we're really getting to 'the good stuff.' " He adds, "Having The Governor in the mix is going to fundamentally change the show in all kinds of awesome and exiting ways. And David Morrissey totally rocks!"
The author of the "Walking Dead" graphic novels previously promised that "The Governor in the show is definitely going to be The Governor in the comic." He went on claiming, "I think that he's definitely going to be a character that people love to hate and are absolutely entertained by, but also somewhat terrified of. He's definitely going to be a very important character and a very nuanced character. We are not going to be watering him down."
The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Beside this villainous character, sword-wielding heroine Michonne will also be featured in the upcoming season, with Danai Gurira tackling the role.
More The Walking Dead News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie