Taylor Swift and John Mayer Caught Up in 'Drama Central' at a Bar
Taylor Swift wrote a kiss-and-tell song about John Mayer, and he didn't appreciate it. So, what would happen if the two exes were put together in a same room? It would be a "drama central," if New York Post could be trusted.
According to the publication, the "Speak Now" hitmaker ran into her former fling Mayer while at the Tower Bar at Jeff Klein's Sunset Tower Hotel on Tuesday night, June 5. She noticed him dining with a friend and refused to be seated near them.
"Taylor very visibly - in front of the entire restaurant - demanded to be moved to the other side," an eyewitness told the publication about the run-in. "The bar's usually an oasis of calm and privacy for celebrities and power players, but this was drama central."
Swift and Mayer were romantically linked after they recorded a duet "Half of My Heart". He said back then, "The idea is that it's this real sort of updated - not that it needs to be updated - sort of Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks thing. I thought, 'Well, if this is going to be my love letter to that style of music, who's going to be the Stevie Nicks in this equation?' And I thought, 'This Taylor Swift girl is going to be around for a long time'."
After breaking up, the 22-year-old country music crooner called him out in a 2010 song called "Dear John". Two years after the song was released, he shared his thoughts about it to Rolling Stone. Calling it "cheap" and "a really lousy thing," he said, "It made me feel terrible because I didn't deserve it."
While Swift is notoriously known for narrating her failed relationships in her music, Mayer is well known for his playboy image. He has been romantically linked to a number of famous celebrities such as Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston.
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7