Judges Joe Jonas and Marilu Henner Deny Miss USA 2012 Was Rigged
As two of the judges at Miss USA 2012, Joe Jonas and Marilu Henner felt the need to set the record straight on the rumor that the pageant fixed the top 5 before final show. They took to Twitter to strongly deny the accusation made by former Miss Pennsylvania, Sheena Monnin.
Joe wrote, "All I can say... Is the Miss USA competition was NOT rigged. Miss (Rhode Island) USA won fair and square." Marilu posted, "I can assure #MissPennsylvania 4 of my 5 top picks for #MissUSA were in the final 5. No cheating. Sorry you didn't make it. And I remember!"
The other judges haven't commented on the issue, but another jury Rob Kardashian posted a cryptic message on June 6. "Don't let that pretty face fool ya cuz that heart is stone cold. Shame shame shame," he wrote without mentioning anything related to the beauty contest.
Joe, Marilu and Rob served as judges along with Arsenio Hall, Ali Fedotowsky, Dayana Mendoza, Cat Cora and George Kotsiopoulos. The hosts were Andy Cohen and Giuliana Rancic, while the fashion commentators were Jeannie Mai and Kelly Osbourne.
The competition was won by Olivia Culpo, a 20-year-old cellist from Rhode Island. "I was just in shock," she said of her win. "All 51 of those women were beautiful on the inside and outside." She will represent the United States at the 61st annual Miss Universe pageant later this year.
Sheena later resigned her position as Miss Pennsylvania USA 2012, accusing the organizers of fraud. "I witnessed another contestant who said she saw the list of the Top 5 BEFORE THE SHOW EVER STARTED," she claimed. "She saw a folder lying open to a page that said 'FINAL SHOW Telecast, June 3, 2012' and she saw the places for Top 5 already filled in."
Miss Universe Organization dismissed the allegation and so did Donald Trump. The owner of the organization will give Sheena "a second chance" if she "within the next 24 hours apologizes and withdraws her utterly baseless claim."
More Joe Jonas News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'