'Captain America 2' Close to Tap Russo Brothers as Its Directors
The sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" is one step closer to seal its directors. It has been reported that Anthony and Joe Russo are finalizing a deal to helm the follow-up movie for the superhero persona of Steve Rogers.
Marvel Studios has yet to comment on the recruitment. However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Russo brothers have defeated several acknowledged directors, including "The Adjustment Bureau" helmer George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray.
The untitled Captain America sequel is expected to open wide in the United States on April 4, 2014. It will bring back Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson as the titular hero and S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury respectively. The first movie, meanwhile, was helmed by Joe Johnston and has grossed $368 million worldwide.
As for the Russo brothers, they are best known for their works in comedy titles instead of action movies. They have directed NBC's series "Community" as well as several comedy features, including 2002's "Welcome to Collinwood" and 2006's "You, Me and Dupree".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart