'Captain America 2' Close to Tap Russo Brothers as Its Directors
The sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" is one step closer to seal its directors. It has been reported that Anthony and Joe Russo are finalizing a deal to helm the follow-up movie for the superhero persona of Steve Rogers.
Marvel Studios has yet to comment on the recruitment. However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Russo brothers have defeated several acknowledged directors, including "The Adjustment Bureau" helmer George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray.
The untitled Captain America sequel is expected to open wide in the United States on April 4, 2014. It will bring back Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson as the titular hero and S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury respectively. The first movie, meanwhile, was helmed by Joe Johnston and has grossed $368 million worldwide.
As for the Russo brothers, they are best known for their works in comedy titles instead of action movies. They have directed NBC's series "Community" as well as several comedy features, including 2002's "Welcome to Collinwood" and 2006's "You, Me and Dupree".
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game