Scout Willis Rejects Offer to Plead Guilty to Charges
Scout Willis rules out the possibility of her entering a guilty plea. According to her lawyer Stacey Richman, the daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis refused the offer made by the state because it would leave her with a permanent criminal record.
"It would be outrageous to mar a person that's clearly going places - clearly seeking to have a career ... with a criminal record," the attorney reasoned to PEOPLE after the 20-year-old model's arrest. "The goal is clearly a non-criminal offer."
Richman described the Brown University student as "clearly intelligent" and "devoted to her studies." The lawyer additionally called the arrest "ridiculous," saying, "Seriously, you were underage once ... who wasn't looking to get into a bar?"
Scout was charged with two misdemeanors after she was busted for underage drinking and fake ID. She was spotted in Union Square gulping a beer, and when a police officer took note, she flashed a fake ID card under the name Katherine Kelly, 22.
She was later released without bail but is ordered to return to Manhattan Criminal Court on July 31. "I'd rather not talk about it," she told NYPost from her apartment in SoHo. Her lawyer once again said, "I don't think this is the crime of the century."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked