Scout Willis Rejects Offer to Plead Guilty to Charges
Scout Willis rules out the possibility of her entering a guilty plea. According to her lawyer Stacey Richman, the daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis refused the offer made by the state because it would leave her with a permanent criminal record.
"It would be outrageous to mar a person that's clearly going places - clearly seeking to have a career ... with a criminal record," the attorney reasoned to PEOPLE after the 20-year-old model's arrest. "The goal is clearly a non-criminal offer."
Richman described the Brown University student as "clearly intelligent" and "devoted to her studies." The lawyer additionally called the arrest "ridiculous," saying, "Seriously, you were underage once ... who wasn't looking to get into a bar?"
Scout was charged with two misdemeanors after she was busted for underage drinking and fake ID. She was spotted in Union Square gulping a beer, and when a police officer took note, she flashed a fake ID card under the name Katherine Kelly, 22.
She was later released without bail but is ordered to return to Manhattan Criminal Court on July 31. "I'd rather not talk about it," she told NYPost from her apartment in SoHo. Her lawyer once again said, "I don't think this is the crime of the century."
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off