'Catching Fire' Producer Denies Armie Hammer and Garrett Hedlund Are Top Picks for Finnick
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is apparently still far away from finding its Finnick Odair. Producer of the upcoming film Nina Jacobson recently claimed E! News' report suggesting that Armie Hammer and Garrett Hedlund are the top picks to play the District 4 heartthrob was "so not true."
To Los Angeles Times, Nina opened up that the vacant spot of Finnick Odair remains wide open until now. She added, "That's the thing that's crazy - people are like way ahead of where we are. We've not narrowed things down by any means. It's funny to see how things can take on a life of their own."
Asked if the filmmakers are considering fans' suggestions in casting an actor to play Finnick, Nina claimed, "Not entirely." She said, "It means something that people can see [an actor] in that light, so you know [the actor] will be accepted by a lot of people, on the one hand."
"On the other hand, you have to kind of ignore it," she continued. "You have to just sort of act like you're sitting in a room and you want to just pick the person who gives the best audition and looks and feels most like the part."
In Suzanne Collin's book, Finnick is described as a 24-year-old very handsome and tan skinned young man with bronze hair and stunning sea-green eyes. The District 4 figure is known for having many lovers in the Capitol. At the age of fourteen, he won the Hunger Games by using a trident and a net against other Tributes.
Some Hollywood hotties had previously been rumored to be circling the part. They included Robert Pattinson and Taylor Kitsch. However, both actors denied that they were courted to tackle the coveted part in the upcoming sequel.
Aside from talking about the Finnick search, Nina gushed that making "Catching Fire" is a big challenge especially because "The Hunger Games" has successfully collected over $645 million worldwide. "That's pressure," she said. "But it's a good kind of pressure."
Scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 22, 2013, "Catching Fire" will bring back Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth as Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark and Gale Hawthorne respectively.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account