Report That Marvel's Next Standalone Project Is 'Black Panther' Debunked
Shortly after a rumor sparked that Marvel Studios has planned a Black Panther movie as its next project for a 2014 release, multiple insiders from the studio have spoken up to slam the report. Speaking to Coming Soon, the studio's sources insisted that the speculation about the "Black Panther" project was "not true."
Earlier on Tuesday, June 5, Latino Review first broke the scoop that the Black Panther is going to "headline his own film!" The site claimed to have obtained the information from four trusted sources, who indicated that the African-American hero will get a big screen treatment right after the untitled Captain America sequel.
The movie site additionally stated that the clue for the Black Panther film was revealed in "Iron Man 2", where a map of Wakanda was shown. Also, Captain America's shield is made from Vibranium which hails from Wakanda.
The Black Panther himself is a royal leader of an African nation of Wakanda. He is bestowed with super human powers. Back in 2011, it was reported that Marvel could make a standalone film for the superhero persona of T'Challa. The studio has hired Mark Bailey to serve as the screenwriter. However, the development progress of the project remained unclear since then.
More Black Panther News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage