Report That Marvel's Next Standalone Project Is 'Black Panther' Debunked
Shortly after a rumor sparked that Marvel Studios has planned a Black Panther movie as its next project for a 2014 release, multiple insiders from the studio have spoken up to slam the report. Speaking to Coming Soon, the studio's sources insisted that the speculation about the "Black Panther" project was "not true."
Earlier on Tuesday, June 5, Latino Review first broke the scoop that the Black Panther is going to "headline his own film!" The site claimed to have obtained the information from four trusted sources, who indicated that the African-American hero will get a big screen treatment right after the untitled Captain America sequel.
The movie site additionally stated that the clue for the Black Panther film was revealed in "Iron Man 2", where a map of Wakanda was shown. Also, Captain America's shield is made from Vibranium which hails from Wakanda.
The Black Panther himself is a royal leader of an African nation of Wakanda. He is bestowed with super human powers. Back in 2011, it was reported that Marvel could make a standalone film for the superhero persona of T'Challa. The studio has hired Mark Bailey to serve as the screenwriter. However, the development progress of the project remained unclear since then.
More Black Panther News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March