Report That Marvel's Next Standalone Project Is 'Black Panther' Debunked
Shortly after a rumor sparked that Marvel Studios has planned a Black Panther movie as its next project for a 2014 release, multiple insiders from the studio have spoken up to slam the report. Speaking to Coming Soon, the studio's sources insisted that the speculation about the "Black Panther" project was "not true."
Earlier on Tuesday, June 5, Latino Review first broke the scoop that the Black Panther is going to "headline his own film!" The site claimed to have obtained the information from four trusted sources, who indicated that the African-American hero will get a big screen treatment right after the untitled Captain America sequel.
The movie site additionally stated that the clue for the Black Panther film was revealed in "Iron Man 2", where a map of Wakanda was shown. Also, Captain America's shield is made from Vibranium which hails from Wakanda.
The Black Panther himself is a royal leader of an African nation of Wakanda. He is bestowed with super human powers. Back in 2011, it was reported that Marvel could make a standalone film for the superhero persona of T'Challa. The studio has hired Mark Bailey to serve as the screenwriter. However, the development progress of the project remained unclear since then.
More Black Panther News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show