Sheryl Crow Says Her Brain Tumor Is Non-Cancerous, Thanks Fans for Their Support
Sheryl Crow reached out to her Twitter followers soon after news about her brain tumor made headlines. The 50-year-old singer told the fans not to worry about it because it's benign and she thanked them for their outpouring supports.
"Hey everyone - don't worry about my 'brain tumor', it's non-cancerous. Feeling healthy, happy & working on my new record!" she wrote. "Appreciate the love and support, I'm fine, really! Watch me on @TheTonyAwards this Sunday night!"
Crow found out she had tumor last year when she went to hospital to be tested because she was experiencing memory loss. "I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumor," she told Las Vegas Review-Journal.
"And I was, like, 'See? I knew there was something wrong'," the singer continued. "I haven't really talked about it," she added. "In November, I found out I have a brain tumor. But it's benign, so I don't have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit."
During the chat in her suite at The Hotel in Mandalay Bay, Crow additionally recalled when she forgot lyrics of her song "Soak Up the Sun" at a concert in Florida earlier this year. "I'm 50, what can I say? My brain's gone to (expletive)," so she jokingly told the crowd back then.
That was not the first time she flubbed her lyrics. Back in the 1990s, she couldn't remember the verses of "A Change Would Do You Good" during a performance at the Hard Rock Hotel. "Not only could I not remember the first line, I couldn't remember the first line to any of the verses," Sheryl recounted.
"I started laughing so hard! And I looked over at my guitar player, and he's bent over like he's gonna just start peeing," she went on. "I think that was the night a whole bunch of us wound up at a strip club. It was Brad Pitt, and Mick Jagger and Sting! It was just cuckoo crazy, and I was still just getting started, you know. I was, like, 'Wow, Vegas. This is more than I could even dream of'."
In a statement to E! News, her rep said in assurance, "Half of us are walking around with [meningioma] but you don't really know unless you happen to have an MRI. [Crow] has no symptoms and everything is fine. It was a random mention during the [Vegas] interview. It was not meant to alarm anyone. She is doing great and is healthy and happy."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group