Mel Gibson's Father Says He's Victim of Spousal Abuse
Mel Gibson's father is the victim of abuse, it has been stated in a divorce paper. Hutton Gibson, aged 93, has filed for divorce from his second wife Teddy Joye whom he married two years after the death of Mel's mom, Anne.
In the papers filed in Los Angeles on Monday, June 4, Hutton asks his estranged wife, who is in her 70s, for spousal support and to pay the legal fees. According to TMZ, Mel is behind his father in this and Teddy is planning to fight Mel back in court.
Hutton is gravely ill with a panoply of ailments. Teddy believes her husband's family is trying to sustain his life by encouraging him to take his medication. She wanted to discontinue the drugs to accelerate his death and claimed that Hutton feels the same way.
Mel believed this is spousal abuse and wanted her out of his father's house immediately. Hutton's lawyer Fahi Hallin told Radar, "I'm hoping this divorce won't be contentious. I'm not at liberty at this time to discuss why my client has decided to file for divorce, or why he is seeking spousal support."
More Mel Gibson News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent