Mel Gibson's Father Says He's Victim of Spousal Abuse
Mel Gibson's father is the victim of abuse, it has been stated in a divorce paper. Hutton Gibson, aged 93, has filed for divorce from his second wife Teddy Joye whom he married two years after the death of Mel's mom, Anne.
In the papers filed in Los Angeles on Monday, June 4, Hutton asks his estranged wife, who is in her 70s, for spousal support and to pay the legal fees. According to TMZ, Mel is behind his father in this and Teddy is planning to fight Mel back in court.
Hutton is gravely ill with a panoply of ailments. Teddy believes her husband's family is trying to sustain his life by encouraging him to take his medication. She wanted to discontinue the drugs to accelerate his death and claimed that Hutton feels the same way.
Mel believed this is spousal abuse and wanted her out of his father's house immediately. Hutton's lawyer Fahi Hallin told Radar, "I'm hoping this divorce won't be contentious. I'm not at liberty at this time to discuss why my client has decided to file for divorce, or why he is seeking spousal support."
More Mel Gibson News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory