Report: Nicki Minaj Refuses to Perform at Hot 97's Summer Jam 2013 Too
Canceling her gig at Hot 97's Summer Jam this year reportedly is not enough for Nicki Minaj to show how upset she is at its DJ Peter Rosenberg. Rumor has it, the femcee has also boycotted the radio's concert next year.
According to TMZ, Hot 97 wanted to have the "Super Bass" hitmaker as a performer for the 2013 gig. When the Young Money first lady heard about it, she reportedly refused.
Minaj was furious when Rosenberg called her song "Starships" "wack a** " in front of the crowd at the concert where she was supposed to perform. "When you invite somebody to your home, you treat somebody with respect," she later said in response to the biting remarks.
"What happened was this, my fans didn't appreciate his comments," she explained. "When you disrespect Nicki Minaj, you're disrespecting my fans. Don't make those three million people...that their inferior for their personal taste in music."
Rosenberg himself stood by his statement. To TMZ, the radio DJ claimed he had no beef with the Harajuku Barbie but still thought that "Starships" was "wack and corny."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival