Jerry O'Connell Is Herman Munster on 'Mockingbird Lane'
Another actor has been added to the cast ensemble of "The Munsters" reboot. Jerry O'Connell, who is best known for his roles on sci-fi series "Sliders", has been tapped to portray Herman Munster on NBC's "Mockingbird Lane".
Beside O'Connell, Eddie Izzard and Mason Cook have been cast to join the upcoming show. The former will play the vampire Grandpa, while the latter will tackle the role of Eddie Munster who is Herman and Lily's werewolf son.
"Pushing Daisies" creator Bryan Fuller shepherds the project, which was initially set to kick off production in the spring. It's now pushed back to early summer to give it extra attention. While the original show was a comedy, the new version is said to be an edgier and slightly darker take on the origins of Herman and Lily Munster.
"We want this show to be an American Harry Potter," Fuller recently told Entertainment Weekly. "To have that sense of a magical world that you get to go to with your family and find stories told in a fantastical way that are instantly relatable. It's an 'American Horror Story' that the whole family can watch."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip