Jerry O'Connell Is Herman Munster on 'Mockingbird Lane'
Another actor has been added to the cast ensemble of "The Munsters" reboot. Jerry O'Connell, who is best known for his roles on sci-fi series "Sliders", has been tapped to portray Herman Munster on NBC's "Mockingbird Lane".
Beside O'Connell, Eddie Izzard and Mason Cook have been cast to join the upcoming show. The former will play the vampire Grandpa, while the latter will tackle the role of Eddie Munster who is Herman and Lily's werewolf son.
"Pushing Daisies" creator Bryan Fuller shepherds the project, which was initially set to kick off production in the spring. It's now pushed back to early summer to give it extra attention. While the original show was a comedy, the new version is said to be an edgier and slightly darker take on the origins of Herman and Lily Munster.
"We want this show to be an American Harry Potter," Fuller recently told Entertainment Weekly. "To have that sense of a magical world that you get to go to with your family and find stories told in a fantastical way that are instantly relatable. It's an 'American Horror Story' that the whole family can watch."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger