Jerry O'Connell Is Herman Munster on 'Mockingbird Lane'
Another actor has been added to the cast ensemble of "The Munsters" reboot. Jerry O'Connell, who is best known for his roles on sci-fi series "Sliders", has been tapped to portray Herman Munster on NBC's "Mockingbird Lane".
Beside O'Connell, Eddie Izzard and Mason Cook have been cast to join the upcoming show. The former will play the vampire Grandpa, while the latter will tackle the role of Eddie Munster who is Herman and Lily's werewolf son.
"Pushing Daisies" creator Bryan Fuller shepherds the project, which was initially set to kick off production in the spring. It's now pushed back to early summer to give it extra attention. While the original show was a comedy, the new version is said to be an edgier and slightly darker take on the origins of Herman and Lily Munster.
"We want this show to be an American Harry Potter," Fuller recently told Entertainment Weekly. "To have that sense of a magical world that you get to go to with your family and find stories told in a fantastical way that are instantly relatable. It's an 'American Horror Story' that the whole family can watch."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed