Adele Refused to Talk to Elton John, Thought He's Prankster
Adele almost hang up on Elton John when he once called her. The "Someone Like You" singer refused to talk to the "Rocket Man" hitmaker because she thought he was someone who pulled a prank on her.
''I had no idea who it was and he just started chatting away to me and I passed the phone over to a friend and I was like 'yeah, it's Elton'," she recalled. ''It still cracks me up. It made me think my god, it's another level now.''
Adele received the call from Elton before she was due to perform at 2012 Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last February. She belted out her hit single "Rolling in the Deep" and brought home a total of six trophies during the event.
The British singing sensation, who is preparing for her next album, is notoriously known for her kiss-and-tell songs. Regardless, she said she would be horrified if the situation was reversed and one of her exes wrote a song about their relationship.
"I'd f****** s*** myself. I'd be mortified," she admitted. "But also if they wrote songs about me, they'd be: 'This song's about Adele'. I've never given any names ever, but everyone's going to know this song's about me. No-one actually knows who my songs are about.''
More Adele News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri