Adele Refused to Talk to Elton John, Thought He's Prankster
Adele almost hang up on Elton John when he once called her. The "Someone Like You" singer refused to talk to the "Rocket Man" hitmaker because she thought he was someone who pulled a prank on her.
''I had no idea who it was and he just started chatting away to me and I passed the phone over to a friend and I was like 'yeah, it's Elton'," she recalled. ''It still cracks me up. It made me think my god, it's another level now.''
Adele received the call from Elton before she was due to perform at 2012 Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last February. She belted out her hit single "Rolling in the Deep" and brought home a total of six trophies during the event.
The British singing sensation, who is preparing for her next album, is notoriously known for her kiss-and-tell songs. Regardless, she said she would be horrified if the situation was reversed and one of her exes wrote a song about their relationship.
"I'd f****** s*** myself. I'd be mortified," she admitted. "But also if they wrote songs about me, they'd be: 'This song's about Adele'. I've never given any names ever, but everyone's going to know this song's about me. No-one actually knows who my songs are about.''
More Adele News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked