Mads Mikkelsen Cast as NBC's Hannibal
NBC has found its Hannibal Lecter. Mads Mikkelsen has been tapped in the titular role of the Peacock's upcoming drama series "Hannibal". He will star opposite Hugh Dancy who has been earlier cast as Will Graham.
Based on characters in Thomas Harris' novel "Red Dragon", the upcoming series will focus on FBI agent Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. They will be "re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship."
Bryan Fuller, who co-creates the show, will serve the executive producer along with Martha De Laurentiis, who has produced three Hannibal feature films: "Hannibal", "Red Dragon" and "Hannibal Rising". NBC has given a 13-episode order for the drama, which is slated to premiere sometime in midseason.
"It's before he was incarcerated, so he's more of a peacock," Fuller recently said of how Hannibal will be depicted on his TV series. "There is a cheery disposition to our Hannibal. He's not being telegraphed as a villain. If the audience didn't know who he was, they wouldn't see him coming."
As for Mikkelsen, he has just snatched Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival for his role in "The Hunt". His other credits include starring in "King Arthur", "Casino Royale" and "Clash of the Titans".
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'